Music For Nurses Single, Maxi
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
OCEANSIZE Music For Nurses (2004 UK 5-track 25 minute mini-CD album which opens with the fabulous One Out Of None arguably one of the bands finest ever tracks and a monster of a song live if you never had the pleasure of witnessing the band perform it thankfully it was committed to record right here housed in a glossy digipak picture sleeve showing a few light surface marks and the disc appears in excellent condition)
Top Customer Reviews
1. One out of nONE - most advanced musically, lovely blend between the melodic side and heavy side of the band. Even warming to the shouty, screamy bits - shock horror. Fantastic song, which i imagine is bettered live.
2. Paper Champion - Intro jangly guitar is just like the one on Long Forgotten...or Teardrop by Massive Attack, nice lil bass riff and a great atmospheric song. Never really kicks off as much as i'd expect though, kinda stays understated but in a good way.
3. Drag the 'nal - Lovely little instrumental, perfect as an intro for the following track.
4. Dead Dogs an' All Sorts - My favourite track at the moment, builds just like SMBS so mellow at the start, and blended beautifully with Drag the 'nal and As the Smoke Clears. Building songs up to epic proportions is definitely Oceansize's forté.
5. As the Smoke Clears - Again, builds brilliantly with the crashing guitars, nice long'un to round off the e.p perfectly leaving you waiting for more. Quickly becoming the most innovative and greatest British bands of our time.
...if u get the chance to see them live dont hesitate. i saw these songs played live in manchester recently. best band ive seen all year!!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
That is all. It's good, buy it. (But 14.99 is a crazy price. I got mine for 3.98 at a local music store).
But sounds change, Oceansize have scrapped some of the melodic stuff for a more post rock, experimental and grittier sound.
One Out of nONE does work and like all other Size tracks, builds to an epic end. Paper Champion is probably the most accessible track with a simple melody and thumping base riff.
The last 3 tracks all blend as one. Drag the 'Nal works as a fine atmospheric intro to Dead Dogs which is the stand-out track on this e.p. As the Smoke Clears finishes in a similarly apocalyptic fashion. It only leaves you wanting more than 25 minutes worth.