Other Sellers on Amazon
Music For The Jilted Generatio [VINYL] Original recording remastered
|Price:||£14.75 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
AutoRip is available only for eligible CDs and vinyl sold by Amazon EU Sarl (but does not apply to gift orders or PrimeNow orders). See Terms and Conditions for full details, including costs which may apply for the MP3 version in case of order returns or cancellations.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
13 Trk 2nd Album Music For The Jilted Generation, The Prodigy's Second Album, Includes The Awesome Voodoo People. An Absolute Classic And Must-Have Item. This Album Is Offically One Of Great Dance Music Albums, The Word Seminal Comes To Mind, a True True Work Of Genius
Top Customer Reviews
This edition has been remastered and and comes with a second CD of exclusive remixes and live tracks. For me the second CD is a bonus the real excitement came from realising the remastering was far from a gimmick. The album has a new polish which takes it to an even higher intensity of listening. Minor details now leap out with incredible clarity and sparkle with the overall sounds capes feeling even richer and more vibrant than before.
Additionally in the 1994 version of the album the intro to the song "The Heat the Energy" was tagged onto the back of the preceding song "speedway". This was an interesting idea but thankfully the track start point has been edited for this edition and the intro is now part of the main song.
This version of the album only compounds my love for it and seals it as the most original and compelling record I have ever heard.
1. Intro- As you'd expect, there is little point to it, but the Intro to Jilted contains a clear message- the Prodigy were going back underground.
2. Break & Enter- The last link to Experience, B&A sounds the closest to any of the early Prodigy records, but it's a much more sophisticated beast, slower and more refined, and without the cheesiness.
3. Their Law- Clearly forshadowing the direction the Prodigy were to go, Their Law is an anarchist anthem that puts a middle finger up to definition. Hard rock riffs, a cracking bassline and some excellent vocals: "F**k em, and their law". I'm not sure what genre of music this goes under, but I do know it's one hell of a tune.
4. Full Throttle- Filler, pure and simple. Howlett probably knocked this one out in five minutes, and it seems like an unhealthy throwback compared to the next track.
5. Voodoo People- The highlight of the entire album, and possibly of the entire Prodigy career. Imagine a hardcore record, but with heavy metal guitar riffs, strong acid sounds and the most killer beat you could imagine and you're almost there. The hardest Prodigy single, filled with aggression and rhythmn.
6. Speedway (Theme From Fastlane)- Prog house? Hardcore? Trance? Once again, its impossible to classify this one, but it sticks largely to 4/4 beats. One of my favourite Prodigy tracks, and I feel one of the most under-rated.
7.Read more ›
After so much exposure to 'Jilted', I now find virtually all club music dull, simplistic and repetitive. If it was all put together with such style and finesse, the world would be a more inspired and intelligent place.
If you only ever buy one 'dance' album , buy this one. It's probably all you'll ever need.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic Album, love the old-school The Prodigy, my favourite album of theirs !Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer