Mushrooms and Toadstools (Collins Field Guide) Hardcover – 7 Sep 1995
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
EASY TO USE
• The most comprehensive guide to mushrooms and toadstools – covers every species that can be identified in the field.
• Fully illustrated in colour.
• 3500 species described, with full details on identification, habitat and geographic range.
• Introduction covers classification, biology and structure of fungi.
• Detailed keys are provided for identifying complicated groups.
About the Author
Regis Courtecuisse is the leading mycologist in Europe.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
NOTE: As some reviews seem to refer to a different book, which -as it seems- is not as good as this one, I wish to make clear that my review is for the book that has 1751 colored drawings of mushrooms (not photographs). I don't know how this book got mixed up with that other one, but if you're thinking of ordering, make sure you get the 1751-colored-drawing book. I also think it's unfair that, due to this strange mix-up, this book got some bad reviews and low voting.
THIS BOOKS IS NOT A PHOTOGRAPHIC GUIDE - it covers many many species, and has a full key. The drawings are very good. If you can find a copy, I think it is worth having, together with, say, the Philips book (which is photographic in nature, but the photographs are good quality as is the text.) However, it is not for the faint hearted - but then neither are funghi - a little practice with the techniques described and using the key will take an interested amateur a long way.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Plants
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences > Mushrooms & Fungi
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference