on 31 August 2014
This book took me a while to get into as there were a lot of characters. and their histories, to get to know, leading to why they were there in the first place. I felt all the characters were well drawn...I could cast it from many of my friends! And there was a good smattering of victims throughout all undergoing very different methods of murder. I only guessed the murderer as they were about to be exposed, so it kept me guessing nicely. Would definitely like to see more in the series.
on 6 January 2015
Whodunnit? I never guessed. Or rather, I guessed everyone at some point or other. It took a while to get into, but once there, it was an engaging and entertaining story with some lovely characters, vintage intigue and dotted with groan-out-loud humour. It had all my favourite elements of Cluedo, Christie and Columbo - thoroughly enjoyable. Really looking forward to reading the next one.
on 27 February 2015
A snapy story enjoyed it very much for a quick read P.C . Bailey will have further success I am sure
on 14 October 2014
Having seen the 'real' PC Bailey in operation quite a few times I was interested to see how he would make the leap into print...not disappointed. CHris has a great style and it is easy to get wrapped up in the characters and twisting plot. What more could you ask from a Whodunnit. Next one please!
on 19 August 2014
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's PC Bailey and he's most likely looking the wrong way!

Fantastic opening voyage into the world of PC Bailey who promises to unwittingly find his way into many exciting murderous situations in the future!
on 9 August 2014
Loved it. PC Bailey is a wonderfully drawn character, a bit of clousseau, a bit of columbo and a bit of Rodney trotter. The story kept me guessing and there are some great laugh out loud moments. Look forward to his next adventure.
on 8 January 2016
I loved the character of PC Bailey but must admit I preferred not to have read too much detail about the characters at the beginning. Overall a very easy read and will be buying the second instalment.
on 28 February 2016
The story of the most moronic bobby on the beat (a most unusual beat !) is OK, quite amusing and full of red herrings but I disliked the double spaced printing, unnecessary and irritating.
on 15 March 2016
A fun and light hearted read, with a good spattering of chuckles. PC Bailey is an entertaining character who I hope to learn more about in the later books.
on 4 August 2014
A positive romp of an English mystery, with some good bumbling policeman fun. A twisty, entertaining plot that isn't all it seems...
Great read!