- Actors: Margaret Rutherford, Lionel Jeffries, Charles 'Bud' Tingwell, William Mervyn, Joan Benham
- Directors: George Pollock
- Format: PAL, Black & White, Full Screen, Mono
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, English, German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: U
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- Run Time: 89 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B000L5VB84
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 60,680 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Murder Ahoy 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Synopsis Miss Marple investigates murder on a naval cadet training ship.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Among her justly famous roles, (Madame Arcati in 'Blithe Spirit' and Miss Prism in 'The Importance of being Earnest' to name but two) she is surely the ideal Miss Marple, capturing a perfect blend of steely determination, wit, a fiercely keen intellect, and an apparently bumbling eccentricity.
In 'Murder Ahoy!' we have a less happy outing for the crime-busting talents of this super-sleuth in tweeds.
Unlike the three other classic Marple films ('Murder at the Gallop', 'Murder Most Foul' and 'Murder she Said', in which Rutherford also stars as the elderly spinster) 'Murder Ahoy' is not based on an Agatha Christie original - and therein lies its downfall. The writers, Jack Seddon and David Pursall, have obviously decided that they know better than the Duchess of Doom, and will now have a jolly good shot at exploring the character's comic potential, playing the whole thing for laughs. Their excuse is that they are giving us 'an interpretation of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple'. Unfortunately, this sort of thing rarely works, and in the case of 'Murder Ahoy' fails dismally. The film sinks like a stone under the weight of its tediously pantomime direction and slapstick antics, and drowns without ever raising more than the faintest ghost of a smile.
Both Dame Margaret and Miss Marple are worthy of far better treatment.Read more ›
Dr Jacques COULARDEAU, University Paris Dauphine, University Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne & University Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My Mom loves the Margaret Rutherford Miss Marple's, well actually most of her films. The DVD and case were in perfect condition, they arrived well within the time stated for... Read morePublished on 23 Jan. 2014 by Jonathan Haden