Marco Polo Pocket Guide Munich: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips
Explore Munich with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the city's trendiest places, and get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget. There are plenty of ideas for travel with kids, and a summary of all the festivals and events that take place in the Bavarian capital. Let Marco Polo show you all this wonderful city has to offer…
Munich is more than dirndl (traditional dress), weißwurst (white sausage) and Oktoberfest. Munich offers good traditional fare, fusion and nouvelle cuisine, beer gardens, palace gardens and river surfing locations, brass band music, the Philharmonic and Electro clubs. In short, Munich is aware of tradition, but cosmopolitan and with its finger always on the pulse of the times. Experience the Bavarian federal capital in all its facets. Have a walk through the English Garden, one of the biggest municipal parks in the world; have a break by the renaturalised River Isar; and explore the varied quarters of the village of millions. Go shopping in long-established, traditional shops and stylish passages such as the Fünf Höfe. Marvel at the late Baroque paintings in the Asams Church, the treasures in the Residenz and the spectacular architecture of the Allianz Arena and Brandhorst Museum. This is Munich! Your Marco Polo Munich Pocket Guide includes:
- Insider Tips - we show you the hidden gems and little known secrets that offer a real insight into the city from enjoying modern art in the Haus der Kunst to experiencing Bavarian sushi.
- Best of - find the best things to do for free, the best 'only in' Munich experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
- Sightseeing - all of the top sights are organised by areas of the city so you can easily plan your stay.
- Discovery Tours - specially tailored tours that will get you to the heart of Munich. Experience Munich's relaxed charm, hand-picked restaurants and the best local activities with these personal tours.
- Munich in full-colour - Marco Polo Pocket Guide Munich includes full-colour photos throughout the guide bringing the city to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
- Touring App - new for 2018, you can download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to travel in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again!
- Street Atlas and pull-out map - we've included a detailed street atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour.
- Useful German phrases - the essential words and phrases are included to help you get by.
Trust Marco Polo Pocket Guide Munich to show you around this wonderful city. The comprehensive coverage and unique insights will ensure you experience everything Munich has to offer and more. The special tips, personal insights and unusual experiences will help you make the most of your trip - just arrive and enjoy.