TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 April 2013
Excellently told by Casey Watson with a lot of insight to fostering children with needs. Although this little girl wasn't seen to be in a specialized bracket as uncontrollable or unable to place, so Casey thought that apart from looking after her while her Mother was in hospital suffering a relapse due to MS, it would be straight foreward, it turned out not to be.........

As a sole carer myself I know how hard this can be, how it takes up your life and you have no life of your own. The impact on your physical and mental well being and total exhaustion at times, to imagine this on a little girls shoulders is terrible.

Thanks to Casey for bringing this to light
on 24 April 2017
I have read many books on this subject including all Torey Hayden's.....But this little girl through Casey Watson captures all your caring emotions and just praying her life will work out for her...

It was beautifully and with such a human touch a wonderful book
on 28 May 2017
Great read by a great writer
on 10 July 2017
Good book
on 15 October 2013
Another great book from Casey. Her books are always full of emotion and this one is no exception. It's hard to believe some of the things children have to deal with, but equally heart warming to know foster carers are out there trying to mend broken lives. Three cheers to Casey and all foster carers, you do a great job.
on 4 June 2017
Fantastic writing, so sad
on 9 June 2017
It was a good book.
on 10 July 2014
Sad story, enjoyable read
on 25 March 2014
I like Casey Watson's books.. they are always readable. This time its the story of a little girl trying to look after her mother with no help from anyone, including family. Once Casey gets involved. a little too much as it turned out things turn out better . How people can try to manage on their own in such circumstances I will never understand but I suppose some do" fall through the net " so to speak . A good book .
on 13 April 2013
Few times in my life I have had a book call out to me to purchase it, but that day as I was getting settled in Morrison's mobility scooter with my young daughter by my side, I knew I had to read it.

I have often wondered about the care system in the UK and what happens to people who enter it. This book was about a little girl who had to go into foster care when her mother collapsed whilst out shopping.

At parts I felt like the first person narration was trying too hard to create a good impression about the foster parent (I hadn't realised then that this was a true story; you see, I leafed through the beginning and just went on reading, unable to put the book down.) Soon I was immersed in the personal stories of the main characters: the foster carer, the little girl and her ailing mother. There is a mystery which slowly unravels and the end is cathartic.

In some strange way, this book has opened up a spy hole into the world of a child who is also a carer for a sick parent. A child who may not show it openly but suffers nevertheless in their effort to make sense of the world around them and keep it from crumbling to pieces.

I don't want to say too much and spoil it for you, but this is a book that is worth reading if you are not afraid of shedding a tear or two. And if you are a parent yourself, then this book might be an eye opener.