Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More

on 19 February 2015
It was the title of this book (and also the reviews) which made me choose this book over others. As a mother myself whose child is in denial about their addiction I totally identified with this heart-breaking story. I supposed I thought it might give me some answers as to what more I can do to help them. The insight I gained from reading this book is that in reality I have done everything I can and now I have to look after myself. So much time is focussed on others that we lose sight of our own needs. The addict does not realise or even truthfully care very much about the impact their choices* have on those who love them. Elizabeth's story made me realise that I am not alone and there is support for families. I cried my heart out as I turned the pages, following the awful roller-coaster of crisis and disaster, the dashed hopes and disappointments. I am now in touch with Drugfam, who offer a wonderful service. *What may initially have been a choice has turned into a destructive compulsion over which there is no control.
on 4 October 2017
Honest but depressing book. Too much detail - read like a day to day diary. However, I have great admiration for the long suffering mother and her partner, bailing the sons out with cash time and time again. Just when should you say 'enough is enough' ?
on 13 June 2011
This book was the most compelling read I have ever picked up. It made me laugh it made me cry it made my heart truly ache with pain; but most of all it made me appreciate the dreadful journey that heroin addicts are on from the moment they take their first hit.
I never understood the power of heroin and the way it totally controls and destroys the lives of the addicts their families and their friends infact all those who love and care for them. Plus of course all the innocent people who are strangers and end up hurt or damaged because of it.Mum Can You Lend Me Twenty Quid?: What Drugs Did to My Family
Before I read this book I was very critical and now I am just so sorry for all those lost souls whose lives it has corrupted or touched in anyway.
There but for the grace of God go I and all those I love.
on 11 March 2017
A real eye opener. I think we all believe that this couldn't happen to us or those around us. How wrong and costly that ignorance can be. Become as educated as possible on matters affecting the community around you especially when raising or working with children.
on 14 August 2017
A great true story.well worth the read. It could help people who is going through the same with there children.
on 24 November 2010
Having just found out that someone quite close was battling and herion addiction, I chose this book for a little bit of understanding of what they were going through. I could actually relate to quite a few things that the author had written and the book has given me more insight into what the addict is going through as some information is from her sons. Very good book which definetley sends a strong message. Very well written.
on 18 July 2017
Found it so very true with addiction
on 24 June 2014
I am 37 and never touched hard drugs but knew of people who liked to dabble it was interesting to see how quickly it starts of innocent and then moves to the hard stuff. I admire the family for writing this book and sharing their difficult life. I cherish every minute with my 2 boys and will always talk to them about the dangers of drugs.
on 4 September 2017
Brought for a friend who has a son currently going through a bad time concerning drugs.... was a brill read & she could relate to certain things in the book! It will be passed around the family who all want to read it.
on 5 September 2017
A factual diary of the slow demise of a family and how drugs get their roots in and deceive, lie, and rip the hearts out of your family and destroy the souls it consumes