Multivariate Data Analysis: Pearson New International Edition Paperback – 17 Jul 2013
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The analysis of multivariate data requires the extension of standard univariate statistical models and methods but also introduces new problems. Initial attention is given to Data Mining techniques such as summarising and displaying high dimensional data and to ways of reducing multivariate problems to more manageable univariate ones. This is followed by routine generalisations of standard distributions and statistical tests before consideration of new strategies for constructing hypothesis tests. Finally, problems specific to multivariate data such as discrimination and classification (use in medical diagnosis problems for example) are studied. Most of these methods can be implemented in standard computer packages.
This book shows that multivariate analysis are:
- Design for capability (also known as capability-based design)
- Inverse design, where any variable can be treated as an independent variable
- Analysis of Alternatives (A0A), the selection of concepts to fulfill a customer need
- Analysis of concepts with respect to changing scenarios
- Identification of critical design drivers and correlations across hierarchical levels.
Thank you to Joseph F. Hair, Ronald L. Tatham, Rolph E. Anderson, William Black for their excellent job..make my research so easy. Every Phd should have this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Market Research
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics > Statistics & Probability