• Mulan

Customer reviews

Mulan
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 May 2015
bought it as a gift for family nice item
on 6 April 2015
great
on 2 May 2015
Brilliant for such a good price too! Music is beautiful, definitely would recommend to others.
on 12 February 2015
I'm a huge Disney fan and I always love having both the film and the soundtrack.

I bought this on one of my many visits to Walt Disney World, :-)

This is such a lovely CD to have, there are some beautiful songs for this film. It includes the single "True to your Heart" sung by Stevie Wonder and the pop version of "Reflection" sung by Christina Aguilera.

The music by Matthew Wilder and lyrics by David Zippel and they did an excellent job.

The original score was composed by Jerry Goldsmith, it includes some beautiful melodies which are heard throughout the film.

I can highly recommend this for any Disney fan. :-)
One person found this helpful
on 1 March 2001
Mulan is an amazing soundtrack, with a broad band of different artists performing the songs. There is a range of music not only for a disney fanatic, but for the whole family to enjoy.Most of the music is linked or has hints of the orient in it, which really brings out the strength, passion and true meaning of the music. I thoroughly enjoy listening to this soundtrack because every time I play it, no matter how many times I have heard it before, I find it is always fresh and always has something in it that I have never noticed before. The music is amazing, the voices are beautiful, a brilliant buy.
on 8 January 2003
This is one of Disney's best soundtrack albums ever! Hercules has the fun tone, Beauty &the Beast has the classical tunes, while The Lion King has the great African inspired music. So what does Mulan have? Well, it has a mixture of it all! The very catchy "Reflection" sung by Lea Salonga and remixed by Christina Aguilera is the album's best track. The album's starting single is Beth Fowler's "Honor to us all" a fun loving single that is another good song. Then we go on to Osmond's track a not so Osmondy single. It's a different fierce toned song-not as catchy and fun-loving as the other songs. Speaking of fun-loving, another song is sung when the troops are walking in a trail on their way to war. You get bored so you start singing about what you think is the perfect lover as they do in "a girl we're fighting for". Last but not least is the ending theme in this feature the very catchy "true to your heart".
All the songs are great in their own way. But they aren't the only good things. Just like the Lion King, Mulan's instrumentals are fantastic. From the fierce fast drums of the battle scenes to the soothing new age type music of "Blossoms", the album has instrumentals to support almost all kinds of moods. It's really worth it. I highly recommend it!
One person found this helpful
on 10 February 2004
This is a great soundtrack, which only recently fell into my hands. It has twelve tracks, of which four are songs taken directly from the movie! There are also six musical scores from the movie, which have excellent instrumentation, and two are pop singles - True to Your Heart by 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder(!), and Reflection by Christina Aguilera! My kids think that this is a great CD, and we all highly recommend it to you.
on 23 October 2002
This had got to be my all time favourite Disney soundtrack! It has such a brilliant blend of songs and something for everyone. From the beautiful ballad "Reflection" to the powerful "I'll Make A Man Out of You" to the funny "A Girl Worth Fighting For" to the instrumental pieces like "Haircut" and Vanessa Mae's piece it's a excellent blend of everything! not forgetting of course the funky song "True To Your Heart"...
3 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2000
This CD has some very beautiful music on it, and features some excellent singers -- Lea Salonga, Donny Osmond, Christina Aguilera... The songs are lovely and definately something you can listen to over and over again.
on 23 September 2014
pleased I read the reviews on this before I decided which version!
Some lovely orchestral pieces, I really enjoy listening to it.