- Actors: Muhammad Ali, Ernest Borgnine, John Marley, Lloyd Haynes, Malachi Throne
- Directors: Tom Gries
- Writers: Muhammad Ali, Herbert Muhammad, Richard Durham, Ring Lardner Jr.
- Producers: John Marshall
- Format: Subtitled, PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Dubbed: Czech, French, German, Italian, Hungarian, Spanish
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Audio Description: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 11 Feb. 2002
- Run Time: 98 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (18 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00005UPLF
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 57,411 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Muhammad Ali: The Greatest [DVD] 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The incredible career of perhaps the greatest boxer of all time, "Muhammad Ali", is dramatized in this exciting film starring Ali himself. Fresh from his gold medal victory at the Olympic Games, 18-year-old Cassius Clay is ready to seek the heavyweight championship. Under the masterful guidance of trainer Angelo Dundee (Ernest Borgnine), Clay snatches the title from Sonny Liston. Soon afterward, Clay converts to the Islam religion and changes his name to Muhammad Ali. When he is suddenly classified 1A by the Draft Board that earlier rejected him, Ali refuses the draft on religious grounds. His hard-won title is taken from him. Winning a three-and-a-half-year long court battle, Ali returns to the ring for what may have been some of the greatest fights of all time.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
With many adaptations and Ali imitators on the scene apearing in lame movies about the champ. Who better to play the role of the worlds greatest hero than the hero himself, Muhammad Ali. The film's events are true and accurate to that of Ali's life, from his Olymic gold triumph in 1960 to the shocking victory over the big ugly bear Sonny Liston, for the heavyweight crown. Also included in this film is an insght of Ali's embracement to the Nation of Islam and his contraversal refusal to be inducted to the U.S. army. This act cost him the most prestigous title in boxing. When Ali returned to the ring after a three year ban and court case, he went on to have the most memorable battles in the history of boxing. Truely making him the greatest of all time.
this is one of the best films ever made.10/10 i would recommend anyone too watch.