- Paperback: 104 pages
- Publisher: Siete Cuentos Editorial (Jun. 2001)
- Language: Spanish
- ISBN-10: 158322078X
- ISBN-13: 978-1583220788
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 0.7 x 17.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
717,221 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #726 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Fascism & Nazism
- #1042 in Books > Languages > By Language > Spanish
- #3695 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science > History
La Muerte y La Doncella (Spanish) Paperback – 1 Jun 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
ARIEL DORFMAN is considered to be one of the greatest Latin American novelists ("Newsweek") and one of the United States most important cultural and political voices. Dorfman'snumerous works of fiction and nonfictionhave been translated into more than thirty languages, including"Death and the Maiden," which has been produced in over one hundred countries and made into a film by Roman Polanski. Dorfman has won many international awards, including the Sudamericana Award, the Laurence Olivier, and two from the Kennedy Center. He is distinguished professor at Duke University and lives in Durham, North Carolina."
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Paulina's life story is a tough one, how has her husband taken it during these years, how has he dealt with it and how is he behaving now? Does he believe her? Does the reader believe in her?
Suddenly, something very long hidden seems to explode in her, and she gets a long hidden strength and foresight- or is she being irrational and crazy? The reader has to think for himself.
I strongly recommend this piece, it certainly gives the victims of Pinochet's regime a voice, and a very alive one.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Esta edición es buena, con un tipo de letra legible. Es un pequeño libro que contiene un mensaje poderoso.