Muddy Paws Stormguard & Fleece Lining Coat Red Medium
Colour: Red|Size: Medium|Change

on 7 January 2016
This is a brilliant product. Having a Bichon frise with long white fluffy fur and short legs, it can be a battle keeping her comfortably dry (and clean). Plus she is a diva so dislikes being wet full stop... lol

But this is snug and cosy. In my opinion the best bit is the chest/stomach part which is obviously an area prone to getting wet and dirty with a small dog. Also as it is has such adjustability in fit with the thick velcro strap, it won't be a problem when she does her magic act and appears to shrink to half the size when clipped.

5 star product all round - and a very decent price.

As an indication to help with sizing, Daisy is a female Bichon who weighs about 4.5kg and the small size fits perfectly. I have attached photos to help give an accurate idea how how it looks and secures to the dog.
review imagereview imagereview image
33 Comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 August 2017
This is a great coat. It fit perfectly which never happens to my dog as she's a crossbreed and an awkward shape.

It also has elastics at the back to put around her legs and if she were a bit heftier the strap around the middle would fit as it's adjustable thanks to the velcro. Her legs don't get caught at the front I which is what usually happens.

I don't know how waterproof this is as I only got it today but it's still a great coat. It's not a really heavy coat but you can layer a sweater underneath it if you have really bad weather.

Sorry about the amount of photos, I wanted people to get a good view of the coat.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 2 February 2017
We have a Weimaraner who is very active, likes rolling frequently and is small for her breed.

We have tried dog coats which either fall apart because the velcro pads aren't double stitched, way too complicated to put on (especially first thing in the morning), have zips which stick and frustrate me when madam steps out of the leg holes, have elastic straps for legs that come too close together on her privates to be comfortable plus they break OR they rub against the fur leaving a potential skin infection risk (long haired dogs may be fine). They all hit the wallet for very little benefit to us or our dog.

This coat is excellent. A must buy. Simple to put on, robust enough for energetic dogs and no rubbing in odd places. It keeps her coat mud-free and even protects her chest mostly which is a bonus!. The price is excellent. The elastic straps are well situated. The design means that it is suitable for the breed with their long, lean, large barrelled bodies and extra large is a perfect fit for a small weimaraner approaching 2 years old. The only possible quibble I have is that the colour does not look true to the screen. A happy quibble as I was put off by the bright blue but actually it is more of a navy grey which looks stunning on her. I'll buy this in red and just cannot praise it enough.
on 17 January 2018
I ordered the large size for my small Springer based on other people's reviews but worried that it would be too big. Happily, it is a perfect fit - I would recommend the large size for similar sized dogs.

Having never worn a coat before, I wasn't sure how my dog would react to it, but she loves it, and now eagerly thrusts her head through the opening when I hold it out to her. The front panel feeds easily between her legs and the wide velco fastening around the body keeps it nicely in place while out and about. The coat allows free, easy movement.

The only vaguely inconvenient feature is the elasticated straps on the rear legs. Although they help keep the coat in the right position, there's no popper to undo them so you do need to physically lift your dog's feet up and through them. This isn't a big deal on the way out, but taking the coat off after a walk can leave your hands pretty wet and mucky!

Having been clipped pretty short recently, the coat keeps my dog lovely and warm on colder winter days, and the section under her body between the front legs helps keep her tummy a bit cleaner, too.

The reflective piping helps me keep track of her when she's off the lead on dark mornings - shines up a treat in torchlight.

I like the idea of the neck flap, but in practice the dog's movement tends to make it stand up rather than lie flat in the forward position, so I'm not sure that it actually adds anything to the coat's performance.

The coat air-dries quickly between walks. Surface grime wipes off easily, but I've stuck it in the washing machine (just on a quick rinse and spin cycle) a couple of times just to do a more thorough job. Over time, I think mud stains will probably not wash off completely, but that's to be expected. The inside fleece lining hasn't started to pill yet, and still feels soft, smooth and warm.

This is my first experience of any kind of dog coat, but I would recommend it.
review image
on 26 January 2016
First of all as I ordered this with another product I could avail of standard free delivery to Ireland. The estimated date was the 4th of February (which I thought was fairly long anyway) but a day after I ordered it my estimated delivery date changed to 27th of February (tomorrow) and it actually arrived this morning absolutely delighted!!

I was reading everyone's comments on this coat but was unsure of the size to get because people were saying one thing and the measurements said another and my dog has as I'd imagine quite a small back for a golden retriever(nearly 23inches).

The size guide says XL size up to 24 inches so I went with that. When I took it out of the packaging its a lovely warm coat and I thought it looked like it cost way more than it did! Quality!! I automatically assumed it was way too small but when I tried it on him it was just right.

It's very easy to put on and my dog is crazyyy and doesn't listen so trust me haha you put his head in through the hole, bring the chest piece under him and strap it around his back, very simple. There are also leg straps on the back of a jacket which go around the back legs which makes the jacket look fitted. Great coat great price
review imagereview image
on 30 November 2016
Fantastic winter coat for my King Charles Cavalier dog. I ordered the medium size and it's the perfect size for her.
It has a high visibility which is great for walks in the dark. It's very well made, very warm but not too heavy. My dog usually hates having jumpers or coats on her but she is not bothered with this one at all. It's easy to put it on her and I love the way her chest is covered too, it will definitely keep your dog warm during the cold weather. Also, I use a harness on my dog and this coat has a cutout for it. The colour is a lovely subtle red not gaudy at all. I highly recommend this coat.
review imagereview image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 January 2018
This is a good coat for rainy or quite chilly days, but it is lightweight, so if you don't use the elastic leg straps (which we don't as Dalmatian hates them), then it will slip to one side and the back will fly up if windy.
I've bought a cashmere snood on sale and lined this coat with that so it is more weighted down and much warmer. Some dogs don't have undercoats, or oil in their coats like Dalmatians, so they do need winter protection if it's freezing cold. Our other 5 dogs, Labs, collies, Goldens etc, don't need coats (although working dogs, who have to endure long hours in pouring rain, should have protection). This coat would not be adequate for that.
It is quick and easy to put on, the velcro chest strap stays done up very securely and it offer some chest protection although the sides don't come down quite low enough on the chest sides for a deep chested dog like a Dalmatian or a Greyhound. It does allow excellent front leg movement though.
It looks extremely smart and washes well. Good value for what it is. My full-grown female Dalmatian wears a 22 inch coat which is a good fit.
on 4 January 2018
My dog and I love these coats. He has two, a red and a blue one. They fit him beautifully, and being a working cocker spaniel he needs the coat to be tough as he is in and out of the most arkward places. He is a lively little dog. It is wise though to think carefully about the sizes. Ruskin is a very slim dog with a fine haired coat, about the size of a beagle in height. So not wanting to get it wrong I ordered him a large size. Thank goodness I did, because although it is a little big for him around the waist, it covers his bottom up to his tail. Great quality for the price.
on 13 January 2016
Great dog coat - very good value for money - most important, the dog loves it too! This coat was bought for a rescue Staffordshire bull terrier - for those of you who don't know the breed, the dog is basically a cube of muscle with a leg at each corner! She has a very thick neck and big shoulders and deep chest. The Staffie is a breed that has a very thin covering of natural fur and they really do not like exercise in the great outdoors in wet or cold weather. Most dog coats we've bought so far have obviously been designed for dogs of a totally different shape and have fitted badly. This coat is a particularly clever design, with enough elastic at the neck to ensure a good fit, elastic at the hind legs to hold in place (but don't have to be used) and a chest piece that widens into two broad straps which then are brought up across the back and fasten with Velcro to accommodate any size of canine chest. I think this coat would fit just about any breed. It honestly takes only a few seconds to get the coat on or off the dog. Amazingly good value for money.
on 14 January 2017
A lovely coat - bought for my Cocker Spaniel - Bella She is a year old, and loves to 'roll' everywhere when out on walks, so this coat is ideal to protect her from the mud, also keeps her warm on cold days. She is quite happy wearing this - I bought a medium size in blue, and I am very pleased with the fit of this item. The material seems sturdy, the colour is a nice mid-blue, but the best bit is the stormguard / chest protector - keeps her chest and skirt clean and dry. Would recommend.