- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Much Ado About Nothing [DVD] 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
DVD Special Features:
Letterbox Ratio 15:9
Dolby Pro Logic
Kenneth Branagh's 1993 production of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing is a vigorous and imaginative work, cheerful and accessible for everyone. Largely the story of Benedick (Branagh) and Beatrice (Emma Thompson)--adversaries who come to believe each is trying to woo the other--the film veers from arched wit to ironic romps, and the two leads don't mind looking a little silly at times. But the plot is also layered with darker matters that concern the ease with which men and women fall into mutual distrust. Branagh has rounded up a mixed cast of stage vets and Hollywood stars, among the latter Denzel Washington and Michael Keaton, the latter playing a rather seedy, Beetlejuice-like version of Dogberry, king of malapropisms.--Tom Keogh --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product description
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
It was filmed on a low budget in a limited time with many one-take scenes and is all the bolder and brighter for it. There is a rush of action and delight running through the film that is almost breath-taking.
The music adds a real heroic touch too!
However, WHY DOES THE DVD NOT HAVE SUBTITLES?
I teach this text to a variety of students, from lower processing ability to higher. One of my students is deaf. Subtitles for any Shakespeare DVD is essential.
Please address this.
The dvd is working, so I guess if you want to buy it just to watch it it's better than fine for this price; but if it's for collection or for a gift, look again
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews