Customer reviews

on 10 January 2015
A bit on the pricey side but this stuff is great! Now I can't speak for any other application but as it says it's plastic safe I used it to stop the lenses on my fatshark attitude V2 FPV goggles from misting up. It works really well, still fog free three weeks after a single application.

*Disclaimer* FPV goggles are not on the list of approved uses and I would be very careful when spraying this stuff on the lenses, use it sparingly and don't get it on anything other than the lenses!
If you decide to use this stuff on anything other than what's listed on the bottle you do so at your own risk!

Just a couple of other notes: Don't use a microfibre cloth to remove the excess as it will remove all of the solution and so won't work, the bottle recommends a tissue. Also I'd let it dry for about 30 mins before using your goggles, helmet, airsoft mast etc.etc.....
on 20 June 2015
I love Muc-Off stuff and I was anxious to try this on my prescription goggle inserts when I went snowboarding to Italy earlier this year.

For the most part, it was perfect, but its flaw is fatal.

For lighter would-be fog, this is a reliable solution. However if you've worked up a bit of a sweat and then stop moving (i.e. Cut off the hot/cold air circulation flow), the surface will attempt to fog up. The anti-fog treatment will attempt to stop this but condensation will start to build up and eventually what you will be left with is vision like you have opened your eyes underwater. Really dangerous if you're out on the hill. This happened to me one day out of six. Granted this was probably my fault because every other day I'd re-applied the treatment before leaving the hotel and been fine; but this one morning in particular I forgot, and I paid dearly.

Upshot: re-apply regularly.
on 1 March 2012
Received in good time.
Tried as suggested in the instructions provided but was very disappointed.
While riding in wet and cold weather (an ideal test) the fog stayed away but caused a very odd blurred and magnified effect low down on my visor, which was very off putting indeed.
This happened to me every time I used the stuff so wiped it off in the end.
I wear glasses while riding so maybe it doesn't matter too much to those that don't.
Given that it is so very expensive I won't be buying again.
I will refrain from using the obvious expletives.
on 11 September 2015
For several years I used a visor insert; it was good. Then two years ago I got a new helmet without an insert and so started using this on a regular basis. To my surprise I think I prefer it; it made me realise that the insert wasn't as clear as I'd thought, and although this has to be re-applied regularly, that forces me to clean the visor properly inside and out. My first bottle lasted over 12,000 miles of riding in mixed conditions, so although not cheap, I don't think it's as expensive as the inserts were.
on 28 February 2017
Used this on my prescription glasses which I wore under ski goggles. Worked perfectly all day and would have continued to work the next day if it had not been disrupted.

On the topic of disrupting the coating it is important to remember that this is just a coating and is susceptible to being wiped off either by physical contact or contact with water. A few times I had to rub my glasses with a microfibre cloth to remove a stain, this made the anti-fog slightly less effective in the contacted areas.

Generally I found that condensation did occur due to the cold conditions on the slopes, but it simply took me removing my ski goggles so that the temperature off the glass could reach the ambient air temperature and the problem was solved.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone using prescription glasses which they would like to treat with anti-fog as it worked.

For about 7 days worth of daily application on prescription glasses, I used about 1/6 of the bottle. This amount lasted for the full skiing day and was capable of lasting longer with diminishing effectiveness.

My personal recommendation for use is: Clean the surface with soapy water -> Remove the water with a tissue and leave to dry thoroughly -> Spray the solution on generously -> Leave the solution on the lenses for roughly 5 minutes -> Remove the excess solution with a tissue -> Leave to dry thoroughly for another 5 minutes before use.

Many thanks muc-off for a great product!
on 16 April 2017
It may just be me but the choice is either using this and looking through a blurry visor or putting up with a misted up visor. I've tried using less treatment - then it doesn't work; I've tried using more, then it makes the visor become smeared. There may be a balance and I haven't found it. In the end I gave up and used an anti-mist inner visor which works just fine. Cheap isn't necessarily better.
on 3 May 2017
I tried all the alternatives I could find on the internet to keep my glasses fog-free under my motorcycle helmet - soap, shaving foam, potatoes, dandruff shampoo - but none of it worked. This stuff DOES work. Use as directed (a light spray on each lens & gently rub with a tissue, NOT a microfibre cloth) and my glasses remained clear on my journey to work this morning. According to the bottle, it should last for up to 5 days. Would recommend this to any fellow glasses-wearing motorcyclist.
on 13 July 2016
Works as intended.

Have tried it on glasses (while cooking), VR headsets (which can get steamy pretty quickly) and swimming goggles.

Has worked fine each time - does need frequent re-applications though,
on 5 March 2017
I do use the Muc-Off Anti-Fog regularly and it does work for my journey in to work, which is approximately 6 1/2 to 7 miles in distance, but I have to apply it again for my journey home as the effectiveness wears off after the one journey. Unfortunately if it's raining as well then the Muc-Off doesn't work.
on 15 November 2012
I was a little curious to if this would actually work or not after some mixed reviews on here, but I thought I'd invest and try it out as I needed anything for my full instant access Motorcycle tests whilst its cold, I can't have my visor steaming up.

Well I cleaned the helmet with the Muc-Off cleaner and then applied this just to the inside and it works wonders... You would not believe it, not one bit of foggy steam sitting at traffic lights... Although if you breath very heavy on it the heat creates moisture that mixed with the Anti-Fog solution makes your visor go a bit blurry (which clears up as soon as you get moving) shall I say? But if you avoid actually breathing hard and heavy on it whilst still at lights or just lift your visor up it's all good!

I highly recommend this product, lasts quite a while as well.