Format: DVD|Change

on 30 July 2014
Disappointing as only contains regurgitated episodes of Mrs B's Boys 1-7 and Series 1-3. Omitting "Higgley" and Sharon and Cornelius from this and Series 1-3 big mistake. The replacement Betty has an absolutely dreadful voice, she whines with a terrible "twang" and most of what she says completely indecipherable. Why was the other Betty replaced with this useless actress - she couldn't act her way out of a carrier bag, she's hopeless - and I'm not alone in this opinion, many people agree. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" - the former Betty was good actress, could hear everything she said and didn't have the arrogance and "cardboard" acting of new one. Maria, on the other hand, is fantastic in her role as Dermot's wife - perhaps "Betty" should have a few lessons from her on how to act and speak - I think enunciate and pronounce should be explained to "Betty" before she spoils another series.
on 19 November 2013
firstly i'd like to say that my family and i totally love Mrs Brown's Boys and i was gutted when i couldn't go to see it live. i was obviously pleased when i found out that the tour was coming out on dvd! however,i was so disappointed with this one.so much of the material and story line had already been done in the series!
examples (possible spoilers if you have not seen the series):
1. Winnie's Jacko goes to hospital and she can't afford to pay for him to have his operation
2. Dermot and Buster do a scam selling tickets for charity
3. kathy's professor wants (and does) interview Mrs Brown
4. Mrs Brown thinks her children want to put her in a home.
a lot of the jokes are the same as well,so if you have seen this story line in the series you will have seen whats in most of the live show on this dvd. yes there are some new jokes,but in my opinion not enough to make me happy with buying this and viewing what i have already seen with better sound and camera quality on the show.
i will say that if your a newcomer to this show then its worth a go.i don't know anyone who hasn't fallen head over laughs for it!!plenty of fun to be had with this series,just a shame this dvd didn't live up to my expectations.
on 26 December 2013
I am a huge fan. But!
I was expecting something new rather than the best clips of Mrs Brown Boys series 1,2,3 box set.
This DVD is predictable and filmed in an arena. If you own the above don't bother
on 19 December 2013
I do like Mrs Brown - the Mammy- and her crazy brood and this DVD was a good laugh,but to be honest,I was expecting more.Some of the material did seem to have been recycled,so if you are familiar with the Brown brood you will have heard some of it before.More worrying was the fact that there were noticeable pauses between lines - and yes,I know it's ad-lib,but it did sometimes feel a bit stunted.As this is a 'live' tour I was expecting something a bit more risqu than the TV series,but it wasn't much different - in fact,my husband thought the TV shows were funnier.If you buy this DVD you will have a good laugh,but it's nothing 'over the top'.
on 13 May 2014
The sound is not very good. I know it's live but I've heard better. I was expecting new material however it was the same as the tv show which I love, such a shame.
on 26 December 2013
The live tour seems to be made up of all the seasons episodes and as such is a repeat of all the old gags. Enjoyable but nothing new.
on 3 December 2013
This is a great TV series but alas it is simply reproduced on this DVD.
Very little new, funny if you have never seen it before, but only raises a slight smile if you have.
There are some things that you don't mind watching again and some that bore you to death a second time, this
can be watched again, but only just.
on 16 October 2014
If you liked the series you'll love this. Mrs Brown and family take to the stage. It's all familiar stuff to the fans with plenty of swearing to boot! If you like Mrs Brown you'll love this. The cast seemed to be having a good time and I laughed my head off for 2 hours. Great fun.
on 28 December 2013
I have never been to alive show having only watched the tv ones. I am so glad I bought it. It is ruder than the TV one so if you are a little prudish t perhaps isn't for you. It was so very funny I couldn't stop laughing. I hope I get to see a live show sometime
on 8 January 2014
Mrs brown is one of the funniest shows, so I had to buy this, i haven't Watched it yet as I bought it for my mum for Christmas, but I am going to view it soon, if it's anything like the series, it should be a good laugh!