- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
Mr Majeika and the School Book Week Paperback – Illustrated, 5 Aug 1993
|New from||Used from|
Audio Download, Unabridged
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Delightful (Daily Telegraph)
About the Author
Humphrey Carpenter worked at the BBC before becaming a full-time writer in 1975. He was the author of 14 of the well-loved Mr Majeika titles as well as two Shakespeare Without the Boring Bits titles for children. He was also the co-author, with his wife Mari Prichard, of The Oxford Companion to Children's Literature. He was an eminent figure in the world of adult literature and published award-winning biographies including, among others, those of J. R. R Tolkein, C. S. Lewis, W. H. Auden, Benjamin Britten and Spike Milligan. From 1994-1996 he directed the Cheltenham Festival of Literature and for many years he ran a young people's drama group, the Mushy Pea Theatre Company. He wrote plays for radio and theatre and was a regular contributor to the Guardian. Humphrey died in January 2005.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Okay, let's talk about the author of this brilliant book, Humphrey Carpenter. This renowned author has written award winning biographies, the famous Mr. Majeika series, well-known plays and well-loved musicals. Now here are some facts you probably didn't know about him: He studied in Oxford where he was born and brought up, his wife was a co-author and his old career was working for the BBC as a producer before becoming a full time author!
I would rate this set of three tales 8/ 10 and I would recommend it to all fluent readers from 6 - 100 (and beyond).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > School Stories
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > General
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > General
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery