- Hardcover: 57 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers (3 April 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0849901928
- ISBN-13: 978-0849901928
- Product Dimensions: 15.9 x 16.3 x 1.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
791,454 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #295 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Infectious & Contagious Diseases
- #5452 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- #31622 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
On the Move Hardcover – 3 Apr 2007
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I also recommend lectures given by Stephen Lewis, who has worked tirelessly on helping Africans with AIDS, called 'Race Against Time.' These lectures shows that we can transform the world in a better direction to achieve goals of universal primary education, to stop the scourge AIDS and to create environmental sustainability.
I would also recommend some books on compassion from a spiritual perspective, including: an audio CD by Pema Chodron called 'Awakening Compassion: Meditation Practice for Difficult Times.' Also try 'Teachings on Love' by the revered Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh and a fiction book about how we're all interconnected 'NEXUS: A Neo Novel.'
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
"On The Move" is a short book, which should take about an hour to read. After that, it takes a lifetime to digest and integrate into your lifestyle. It is rock singer Bono's address to the 2006 National Prayer Breakfast, in Washington D.C. The speech lists twice, the first time, in short segments with pictures, and the second, as complete text, with no pictures.
I'm leading a weekly discussion at my church, on Poverty, Justice, and the Bible. "On The Move" was quoted in one of my resources, and I bought a handful to share with the group. Since then, they have been made available to the entire congregation. All we ask, is that, after they are finished, they pass on the book to someone else.
The photos are of people in Africa, but they could be anywhere. They are photos that call us to reflect, to get angry, and to get involved.
"On The Move" is one of those books that reaches us at a variety of levels. We HAVE the resources to level the playing field, and make poverty history. If I could, I would buy enough copies to always have one to give to a family member, friend, or co-worker. All the royalties of the sale of the book, are being donated to the ONE Campaign, to make poverty history. See [...] for more information.
I highly recommend the book.
His love for Africa and his passion for this country is obvious from the first page to the last. Just reading his words have inspired me to get more involved than I already am.
My prayer is that this book will have the same impact on all who read it and that we will all share it with the rest of the world.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Infectious & Contagious Diseases
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences