- Also check our best rated Camera Tripod reviews
Mountek nGroove Snap 2 Car Mount for Smartphones & Mini Tablets. Fits into CD Slots and Dashboard Grooves. Functions as a Desktop Stand and Tripod Adapter.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Universal - Firmly and safely mounts cell phones, GPS units, satellite radios, MP3 players, mini tablets and other high-tech devices, including iPhone 4/5/5C/5S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 1/2/3, HTC One, HTC DNA, HTC EVO, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 4/5/7, Nokia Lumia 920/1020, and more.
- Comes already assembled and ready to use with a strong, sturdy grip thanks to rubber-reinforced insertion blade. Super-tight but simple blade system involves just a thumbscrew and tightening wheel.
- Easy Installation - Insert directly into a front-loading CD/DVD player slot and still easily control your electronic device from the driver's seat. Or, insert into an existing dashboard groove to keep your CD player accessible. No suction cups, no clips, no screw, no adhesives and no glue. The nGroove Snap insertion blade snugly and safely inserts into thin, pre-existing grooves in cars, boats and planes.
- Flexible - Sophisticated ball joint adapter allows for fine-tuning your display angle for maximum viewing comfort while driving.
- Multi-Use - Functions as a Desktop Stand, Connects to tripods and Clips to Laptop monitors if desired. *Simply invert the nGroove Snap blades for clip capability.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Mountek introduces the nGroove Snap 2, the upgraded next-generation version of the popular nGroove Snap for seamless digital device mounting. Brand-new features include full rubberized blade grips, and elegant gray-on-black profile. Mountek engineers redesigned this proven car mount for even better performance with superior aesthetics. Rubberized grip material on all sides of the nGroove Snap 2 insertion blade provides a stronger, sturdier hold in vehicle CD slots and dashboard grooves. The product's silicone sticker base received a special 3M adhesive overlay to minimize lift when a device is removed from the nGroove Snap 2 adapter. Paying tribute to Mountek fans' sophisticated design preferences, designers replaced the nGroove Snap's yellow safety sticker with a subtle gray-on-black rendition of the classic Mountek logo.
Top customer reviews
Delivery was quick, thanks to Prime, and installation was easy, even without looking at the "instructional" videos on the website (which are limited in their use, to be honest). The mount is supplied with 3 metal plates, and the thinnest of these fits in my iPhone case between the case and the phone.
I'm pleased to say that the mount copes very well with the new iPhone. As long as you attach the phone to the mount where the metal plate is, the connection is very firm, and I've not had any slips or drop offs in the week or so I've been using it. If you have a thicker case (I'm using the official Apple leather case, which is pretty thin), you might need to use one of the thicker plates.
Overall, I've pleased with this mount, and can fully recommend it.
-- Check the location of the controls around the CD slot; They may be occluded when your device is in situ. --
Only downside is when other people get in to the car and assume the magnet is a sticky pad and promptly drop their phones! I previously used a mount with the stick pad (gel) only for my phone to occassionaly fling itself from the mount mid long journey. This is now not an issue!
The Mountek fits perfectly in place, doesn't wobble or vibrate. It holds the phone (HTC M8) perfectly.
My only issue was that Mountek do not respond to twitter so when I had an issue with installation there was no assistance but their on-line videos do help.
The holder thing that goes into the CD player is made out of diamond-hard plastic. Seriously. I tried to drill into it to adapt it for my setup, but it was completely impossible! That bodes well for it lasting a long time.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category