- From mountain bikes to cycle computers, find 1000s of products in our bikes store.
Mountain Bike Maintenance: The Step-by-step Guide to Routine Mountain Bike Maintenance and Repair: The Easy-to-follow Guide to Routine Maintenance and Repair Paperback – 15 Nov 2000
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Paul Vincent is Technical Editor for 'Cycling Plus' and also writes for 'Mountain Biking UK.'
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Concise description and outline of steps needed for repair.
List of tools needed and rating of difficulty.
Tips "block" on many pages.
Clear color pictures.
"Extra" chapters included such as: "Ten Top Tips" and "Silence Unwanted Noises".
Up-to-date, i.e. includes V-brakes and other current components.
What I don't like:
Some text refers to a picture and it is unclear which picture, or which part is being refered to.
There are a few procedures which should have more detail: if you are not used to working on bikes.
This book was written by a Brit, so you need to know what a spanner is (there are other terms as well, such as "washing-up liquid).
The best book I have worked with to date. Any information not included I can ask my local wrench. I can't give the book a 5 star rating due to the minor items under "What I don't like" above.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Transport > Automotive > Repair
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Automotive > Automobiles
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Road & Transport
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Cycling > Mountain & Off-Road Cycling
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Cycling > Repair
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Motor Sports > Reference
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Reference