Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Mountain Lion - does this work with it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jun 2012, 06:26:04 BST
Last edited by the author on 2 Aug 2012, 18:25:53 BST
j s says:
This machine comes bundled with "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro": does this work on Mountain Lion?

Fujitsu are being VERY unclear on this.
Does anyone know please?

(Acrobat 9 Pro is a fairly old now, and Acrobat X Pro has already been out some time too. We will need 9 Pro to work in Mountain Lion that's JUST BEEN RELEASED! Otherwise if we have to purchase an entirely new upgrade to version Acrobat X Pro, this will cost at least £200!)

Posted on 2 Aug 2012, 20:08:05 BST
M. Daley says:
I don't use it much, but a quick check confirms it runs under Mountain Lion (10.8 build 12A269 on a 2.66 Core i5 27" iMac). (I opened and saved a PDF... not much, but enough to prove it's not a total dead end.)

Posted on 2 Aug 2012, 20:37:38 BST
Last edited by the author on 2 Aug 2012, 20:42:58 BST
j s says:
Thanks for the reply. Well at least that's something.

If anyone else can confirm other functionalities (or lack thereof), then please chip-in here. Knowing Adobe, I have a feeling that something is bound not to work properly, thus forcing an EXPENSIVE upgrade!

And anyone wanting to buy this S1500M machine will need to know if they have to pay extra to upgrade the included version when using Mountain Lion, at great extra expense as well.

Posted on 2 Aug 2012, 21:17:16 BST
Dr. Paul Ell says:
Copy of a comment I added earlier under my review:

When I reviewed the scanner it came with Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.5. This appears to work fine with Mountain Lion. Certainly the scanner scans documents as before and will OCR text. Completed scans can be edited within Acrobat. My impression of Mountain Lion is that it's an incremental update of OS X, not like a Windows upgrade, and I haven't experienced any software problems yet at all. All the more remarkable as Mountain Lion has only just gone live and I'd avoid early versions of a new Windows release.

Paul

Posted on 16 Aug 2012, 12:32:25 BST
Last edited by the author on 16 Aug 2012, 12:33:28 BST
j s says:
[see US forum, as well: http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Lion-software-compatible/forum/Fx20O0PEQVFIG9Y/TxP0ESP9WGFKPH/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B001XWCQO2 ]

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 18:35:36 BST
Steve says:
Thank you for the link to the USA site. I was about to purchase one of these when I noticed it is £282 ($419) in the USA, but £452in the UK, I just can't stand being ripped off. Why on earth is Amazon selling it at such a high price in the UK. Makes no sense.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2012, 16:14:23 GMT
robert says:
fujitsu have a page devoted to mountain lion issues. They clearly need to pull their fingers out - charge more for a product that in software terms is comparably defective. I want one but cannot see myself buying one if this is their level of support.

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/computing/peripheral/scanners/ssfaq/s1500_mlion.html

Posted on 11 Nov 2013, 16:20:45 GMT
j s says:
ALL FIXED! As per Mavericks...

See new Mavericks thread, here folks:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mavericks-does-this-work/forum/Fx11RP27LOW8R1I/Tx5YBI0LYHJBG3
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  28 Jun 2012
Latest post:  11 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about