OS X Mountain Lion All-in-One For Dummies Paperback – 14 Sep 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Make the leap to OS X Mountain Lion and reach new heights of productivity and fun with your Mac
With OS X Mountain Lion and all its new features, your Mac will take you to new heights. Like your own personal Sherpa, For Dummies will guide you every step of the way. From the basics for first time Mac users to staying connected with Notification Center to being entertained and getting important work done, you′ll tame Mountain Lion in no time at all.
- Start at the base get acquainted with OS X Mountain Lion, navigate around the desktop with Launchpad and Mission Control, and sync everything in the iCloud
- Own it build the Finder of your dreams, give your desktop the personal touch, set up multiuser accounts, and share your Mac with others
- Just jammin′ manage and share your media with iPhoto®, iMovie®, iTunes®, and GarageBand®
- The business end use iWork® to create impressive documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- The world wide thing surf the web with Safari®, stay in touch with Messages, video chat with FaceTime®, and download apps
- Make the connection set up your network, go wireless with AirPort Extreme®, and stay protected with Gatekeeper
- Take it up a notch increase performance by adding RAM, run Windows on your Mac, and try out some super apps and add–ons
Open the book and find:
- Steps for getting started with OS X
- How to organize your life with Reminders and Notes
- Advice for keeping all your devices in sync with iCloud
- Tips for staying safe and secure online
- How to be more productive with iWork
- Details about turning spoken words into text with Dictation
- Troubleshooting advice
- Time–saving AppleScript® secrets
8 books in 1
- Introducing OS X
- Customizing and Sharing
- The Digital Hub
- Using iWork®
- The Typical Internet Stuff
- Networking in OS X
- Expanding Your System
- Advanced OS X
About the Author
Mark L. Chambers is an author, tech editor, and unabashed Mac fan. He is the author of more than 30 computer books including MacBook For Dummies, iMac For Dummies, and Macs For Seniors For Dummies.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I am still getting used to this new system and am confident I will be able to work this out with time.