on 30 July 2017
I thought that, despite the billing, this novel lacked suspense.

I also thought that some of the characters' way of living was frankly, unbelievable.

Who builds and lives in a cabin with a roof and walls of corrugated iron in Colorado? I appreciate it is a cheap building material but it really loses a lot of heat and also acts as a heat sink when it is hot. One way of torturing someone is to leave them in the sun in an iron box.
And the winters are very fierce -

More than 300 inches of snow at the mountain resorts

An average of 16.5 inches of precipitation (8 at lower elevations and 23 at higher elevations)

33 percent average humidity

First snow usually arrives in September (though it usually snows somewhere in the state every month, except maybe August) so at least 8 months of the year can be considered winter (See the Official Guide to Colorado).

2. live in a trailer in the mountains. ie another form of iron box but have a greenhouse! Just imagine the amount of heating that would require...

3. Use only a wood burner for heating. Now I imagine that not everywhere has electricity but to use a wood burner you need wood - so you fell trees - again(!). And  unless you replant 2 or 3 for everyone you fell - and manage the area and .. well we all know what happens when areas are de-forested.

So apart from that did i find the angels of the title? Not really. The story was light and not well developed. It lacked depth of characterisation and reality.
on 12 April 2014
I downloaded this last October and while looking around for something 'light' to read I found it had one really good review so I thought I'd give it a go and the review was right it's a lovely romance. The characters are great and not just Aeli and Pat but Joan, Luke and the whole town, I loved them all and it's told so beautifully.
I've noticed that at the moment there are 3 more books out in this series Summer Angel, Wild Angel and Twice Shy so I'll be checking them out.
If you're looking for a gentle, slow building romance then this could be worth checking out.
on 14 October 2014
I read some reviews and some were scathing, some amusing. I'm in the middle. I was sick of the terms honey and sweetheart half way through. I literally skipped pages of dialogue. I never felt Pat's angst enough to sympathize with him. The redemption of Adam was too impossibly perfect. It's an ambitious story but so so over the top that I laughed in disbelief in the end. Too M&B for me.
on 29 July 2014
This would be a good book to take on holiday as it's easy to pick up where you left off. Although the descriptive passages about the countryside scenery etc were really lovely I found that they didn't really add to the story so I tended to skip those parts. I think the ending might just be a teeny bit unrealistic however it's not supposed to be true to life. I liked that almost everyone ended up with what they wanted out of life and also there are follow up books about the other characters in the book.
on 5 October 2016
Well developed characters, glowing descriptions of Montana hills make this a meaty romance of Aeli and Patrick. I am not always a fan of 3 week novels and this one has a realistic timescale that allows the plot to play out . On occasions though, I found it overly descriptive and sentimental - I confess to having skim read some parts. Well worth a go though
on 13 February 2015
The strength of this book is the way it tackles stalking and the abuse of a man by a woman. It is the stalking that brings detective Pat to Northstar to protect Alisiem. Pat is the abused and unhappy man. The working out of their problems to a dramatic conclusion is set within the romance between the two. I found the long dialogue passages and descriptions of Northstar leisure pursuits tedious. I have given it four stars for the way Pat and Alisiem tackle their major problems.
on 26 April 2014
This is a very enjoyable easy to read, romance. It is pretty obvious from the start that the main characters are going to resolve their issues and live happily ever after, but i enjoyed learning how they managed it. One or too little issues left me puzzled, such as how did she not notice a large scar on his chest when they went swimming, and why a virgin who has been single for a long time and isn't looking for a man, would be using a birth control pill. But these are easily put side, after all it is fiction. If you enjoy romance novels then this will be a good bet for you.
on 5 August 2017
Set in Montana, the beautiful descriptive scenes bring NorthStar to life. Breath-taking scenery that’s easily envisaged. Warm loving characters. Expertly written. Engaging romance between Aelissm and Pat. All make this book a great read.
on 13 November 2015
This book is not altogether believable as I can't imagine the hero being intimidated by a woman, given his description and the things he has done in his working life. I also do not think that a stalker can change his personality so drastically. Other than those two things this is a well written book and I enjoyed reading it. Recommend to fans of romantic fiction.
on 21 April 2015
I would never normally have selected a book such as this as I normally read Kathy Reichs, John Grisham etc however as I read the description and it was a free kindle download I thought why not. I am so glad I did as I just could not put this book down. I thoroughly enjoyed all the characters and the way the author described the scenery I felt as though I could see it. Would certainly read another book by her.