on 6 December 2011
Welcome, little spice grinder!

As soon as it arrived I tried it on some roasted cumin and coriander seed mix. The result was the coarse grind that I wanted, and the delightful aroma of fresh spice.

It is also capable of producing a very fine powder. It is handy for on the spot spice grinding, to release aromatic oils just prior to adding to the food. It is a sturdy, no frills helper.

I have been accustomed to using similar models through many years and travels. They never let me down, though I have abandoned them. Perhaps the ones I left are still being used in those distant locations.

I realise the unlikelihood of finding a spare in case the plastic lid is damaged and, therefore, exercise appropriate care. After grinding, some powder may need removing from beneath the blades. This is a known and accepted foible.

I have never used it for grinding coffee beans, but can highly recommend it as a dependable spice grinder.
on 21 May 2012
The good thing is it is very compact and easy to use. We can use it for very small quantity for dry grinding only. Before buying I thought we could use it for small wet grinding as well. The grinding cup is moulded on the machine and hence cleaning is a bit tougher.We have to take the whole machine even if we need to clean the cup. The blade is a bit higher and hence the grinding something for a paste is not possible. Yet this works very well for dry grinding and I will give 10/10 for dry grinding for this product. It grinds very fast. Small quantity of spices, pepper etc can be grinded using this product.
11 Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 February 2013
This coffee grinder is just like the one my parents had when I was a child 40 years or more ago. It's amazing to think it's still available (although some of the parts are now plastic instead of metal) Anyhow, it works well...
on 24 September 2014
Works effectively with short bursts of energy but powdered ingredients tend to escape into power button notch on upper rim activated by compression of lid.

Good & tough apart from plastic lid which is unlikely to last the distance with constant poundings from coffee beans.

Advice - avoid filling too much.
on 13 February 2013
My order arrive promptly and it does the job
its nice and small just right for my need grinding small amount of spices which i required.
on 1 January 2015
This is pressure operated and I sort of missed having a button to push.
I also thought the lid could be a little more secure but the grinder is perfect for grinding spices as you need them. It takes up very little valuable kitchen worktop or cupboard space.
Definitely don't judge a book by its cover as the grinder looks very insignificant but is a really good machine.
on 11 June 2014
I've got one coming from my grandfather, I think it's about 40 years old and I'm still using it to grind coffee beans.
It's just perfect in his work, gives a perfect grain!
on 15 March 2013
I havent had the grinder long but it seems to be well made so im hopeful of it standing the test of time. my main problem with it is that it doesnt come apart for cleaning. the grinding part is attached to the electrics so other than giving it a wipe theres no other way to clean it. thankfully i just use it for grinding spices. also the lid doesnt fit too well so the finer you grind, the more is going to escape out of the lid.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 30 April 2015
I needed something to grind coffee beans.My mother used to have an original one of these back in the 1970's and swore by them so I thought I'd give it a go. I love it! Does the job really well and I just use a dry soft pastry brush to clean. All I would say is that the lid isn't always that firmly on and some grains can work loose while grinding but that really is minor for such a great little grinder!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 July 2012
My order arrive promptly and it does the job for what its made though I found it is very small for my need but I can use it for small amount of spices which required urgently
My requirement for ground spices are 10 to 15 kg.per week as I run commercial catering unit catering for Asian wedding and I keep this grinder as stand by and I am very happy with the quality
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse