on 22 March 2017
I have been looking for a baby camera for a very long time and finally I have chosen it. It met all my expectations and even more. The camera itself is quite easy to connect, but you need to have a power outlet quite close, good, that it was close to our baby cot. The camera itself is very easy to control, leaving the child with the help of one camera you can see everything around the child as the camera is rotated. Another very good plus is that if the child wakes up and you are downstairs, you can turn on a soft melody, so the baby is calming. I really did not notice any minus camera, and I am quite pleased with this choice.
on 8 November 2013
After much deliberating which monitor i should buy to keep a watchful eye on my newborn son i decided upon the Motorola (MBP36).

There are so many different monitors around and most come attached with a healthy price tag, so it can be a tough decision to make.

This monitor has a nice clear picture with decent sound quality (this can amplify the sound from a faint baby cry to what seems a full blown tantrum, so please adjust volume accordingly ;)) The picture in daylight is vivid and bright which replicates as if you were there. The monitor also has a night time mode which compared to other products i have had is extremely good, the camera automatically changes to this mode when there is not enough light in the room .

There is also a mic option where you can speak to your child if you wish to do so. Again sound is clear and precise.

The controls are simple and functional enabling you to rotate the camera to pretty much any position you require (vertically and horizontally). It can also be wall mounted via standard keyhole fitting on the underside of the camera.

Now, no product is perfect and this monitor is no different.

First i will address the nursery rhyme song option which you can select within the menu of the on screen display to play back in to your child`s room. There are a few songs choices to select from which just sound awful. so if you want to discipline your child, you can select anyone of these songs and be sure your child will be behave afterwards (duel purpose product?)

My major gripe is the viewing angle of the screen supplied, it is great at most angles but for me my bed is lower than the bedside cabinet so when i look at the camera during the night if m y son wakes i cannot make out much on the screen without sitting upright to get a better angle.

My second gripe is that when the screen is unplugged from the mains after a few minutes the it automatically turns the screen blank (a bit like a screen saver) you can press a button on the screen to get the picture to appear again but i personally think you should be able to keep the screen on whenever you wish without having to press a button. ( i need to add that you can still hear everything that is going on in the room)

I also want to mention when this is plugged in to the mains you do not need to do this as the screen will stay on until you press the screen off button.(same applies here that the sound will be always on and you can select at what volume)

Overall with flaws in mind, i still think this is a great product and worth every penny i paid)
on 20 May 2013
This is by far the best piece of equipment I have brought for my baby. We wanted to move her into her nursery but I would not leave her for more than 10 minutes without checking her, which meant we were both up and down the stairs and ended up disturbing her. This product was ordered after reading the reviews and I have to say that it is everything I wanted. Whilst writing this review I am watching my little one sleeping, I can see her breathing and can zoom in and out with no problems. The picture is crystal clear and I do not need to have the volume on to know if she is fussing as the light indicators on the front let me know. This has been invaluable for nap time and bed time and would highly recommend it.
The only negative is the battery does not last very long off charge, the maximum I got was 3 hours
on 29 November 2016
It is a must for all parents with small baby or babies. It works great. The video and sound quality is just great. We have used it for a very long time and don't know what we would have done without this.
on 2 June 2016
Didn't work. I could not hear anything out of the camera. The wire was loose, pretty poor for something that was almost £100!!
on 18 July 2017
This baby monitor was great and helped us a lot, however, there is a limited times you can drop this thing. We accidently chanced it too many times so it broke. Would buy again if only we didn't need it anymore as kids grew.
on 12 July 2013
Worked for 6 months and then picked up awful feedback. Every time we turned it on it would start beeping. I did like the remote swivle function so you could see the baby at all times. By 12months the feedback was so bad we stopped using it and just left the doors open to hear the baby.

Ended up buying another video monitor for half the money that has a better picture. Go figure.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on 26 June 2017
This broke after about 12 months and I had to replace - faulty wiring in screen unit stopped it working. After speaking to Motorola it seemed like a regular problem with them
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2012
we bought this and it arrived today - I set it up in about three minutes flat and it gives a pretty clear wide picture of my baby as she sleeps two floors up ... night vision is pretty good really - and sound quality is just right ..

best monitor I have ever had ...
on 5 June 2012
My daughter says it is fantastic. Picture and sound are crystal clear. No interference from other devices and is easy to set up. Highly recommended.