Motor Trials and Tribulations: History of Scottish Motor Vehicle Manufacture Paperback – 1 Oct 1993
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
In this book, George Oliver, a lifelong motoring enthusiast, photographer and illustrator of the motor car, tackles the strange story of motor car manufacture in Scotland. Starting in the earliest days with enterprising importers, he tells of innovative engineering, disputed patents, dubious investments, hard work and dedication. The scene shifts from modest workshops to grandiose purpose-built factories, from one end of Scotland to the other. But all enterprises had one thing in common - sooner or later they failed. In his controversial final chapter, the author gives his own considered view as to why they did.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > Scotland
- Books > History > Social & Cultural
- Books > Reference > Transport > Automotive
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Road & Transport