- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Wayne State University Press (30 Sept. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0814332013
- ISBN-13: 978-0814332016
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,484,200 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Mothering Daughters: Novels and the Politics of Family Romance, Frances Burney to Jane Austen Paperback – 30 Sep 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This is a superb, consistently illuminating book, in which historically responsive and responsible analyses of the centrally important mother-daughter bond in late eighteenth-century fiction are animated--though not determined--by a thorough knowledge of contemporary psychoanalytic theory. There is not a weak spot anywhere here--each chapter is compelling and authoritative."
About the Author
Susan C. Greenfield is an associate professor of English at Fordham University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Critical Theory
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature > Fiction
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Political & Social Issues
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Motherhood
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies > Writers & Writing