Mosquito Aces of World War 2 (Aircraft of the Aces) Paperback – 12 Oct 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Andrew Thomas is a long established author on RAF history, having published numerous articles and books on the subject, as well as readily assisting other authors. Since joining the RAF, he has maintained his enthusiastic interest in the history and development of his Service throughout his career. He has previously published volumes on Gladiator, Tomahawk/Kittyhawk and Hurricane aces in this series. He lives in Linconshire, UK. Chris Davey has become Osprey's principal illustrator of RAF aircraft, having produced the profiles for over a dozen books since 1994. His most recent work includes Aircraft of the Aces 38: 'Tomahawk and Kittyhawk Aces of the RAF and Commonwealth' and Combat Aircraft 31: 'Lancaster Squadrons 1942-43' . He is particularly adept at 'big' aircraft like the Halifax and Sunderland. He is based in Nottinghamshire, UK.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
For the casual reader, they can be a bit dry.
However, you can keep your spitfires etc, the idea of sending up a nightfighter to hunt enemy nightfighters is definitely appealing
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > Air Force
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence