Format: DVD|Change

on 23 April 2014
My daughter is a huge Moshi Monsters fan and wanted this after seeing the film at the cinema as she enjoyed it so much. It is a good film with a variety of Moshi Monsters and their moshlings plus some new characters. The plot is pretty simple with typical film conventions and references other films, such as the very Indiana Jones-esque opening sequence with Buster Bumblechops but since this is aimed at children, that is to be expected. It does develop the characters on a bit from the online game and this makes it interesting for any Moshi Monsters fan.
on 14 May 2014
This DVD is a must for any Moshi fans. And I live with two of them. The movie brings to life much loved characters from the Moshi Universe giving them, well, some character. It is very colorful and lovely and Dr. Strangeglove is too funny to be really threatening, which is great as small kids (at least mine) tend not to like to be scared too much.

Some parts of the story are told in songs, which are also available to watch as extras on the DVD. There are also a couple of extra features about the making of the movie and the visit to Moshi HQ that my kids loved.

Overall brilliant - so glad they are going to make another one (that is obvious from the ending).
on 31 January 2014
I took my 6 yr old daughter to the flix to see this just after Xmas. We absolutely loved it and I'm not the Moshi fan out of the two :) Lots of fun; fabulous toe-tapping songs (we bought the soundtrack CD the day after, the songs are that good); simple story that's easy to follow. Just a total joy of a film. Never mind my 6 yr old, I personally can't wait till it's released on DVD, want to enjoy it all over again.
on 30 April 2016
Crazy weird film but the kids loved it...Its like some strange psychedelic 1960's film that was produced by somebody high as a kite..I couldn't follow it but the kids were perplexed with it...one for the kids only
on 9 January 2015
My 3yo loves this movie. He watches it over & over. Well worth the price. I bought it as a last minute stocking filler and he loves it and knows every song off by heart now as he has watched it that much. I admit I am sick to death of it but it keeps my boy happy and has a nice message about friendship & working together behind it.
on 22 May 2014
I bought this DVD for my two young children whom are Moshi monster mad, they really enjoyed the film but it was a bit too sickly sweet for my taste but then again I did buy it for my kids and not me.
the film in general is good and has various morals to it (team work is better than being individual etc.)

if you have children aged between 4 and 10 years old who are Moshi monster mad then this is the film for them.
on 14 April 2014
I start to say that i am 33 years old but love Moshi, i am no geek or weirdo but i just love great made kids films. This film had everything excitement, adventure and great little tunes too. I would recommend this to kids of all ages.
on 2 March 2014
To fully appreciate this film, you have to talk to the kids and appreciate how amazingly enchanted they are by the world of the Moshi Monsters. To them it's what The Magic Roundabout or The Wombles, or even Star Wars, have been to previous generations. This Shoreditch-sprouted English hybrid of Pokemon, Tamagotchi and Facebook (albeit with mysterious American accents) has a fierce intelligence behind it, with a real commitment to 'education by stealth' (notice the Emotional Intelligence at work in the cave scene of this film, for example) and delicious satirical swipes at our own world (Simon Growl, anyone? Prince Sillyham and Kate Giggleton?).

The film is slight but impossible not to love - those Monsters, not to mention their pets, the Moshlings, are just so damn cute. So here's to Katsuma and Poppet. Theirs is the world and everything that's in it, so you might as well get used to it. They've already taken over half of your W H Smiths.

As for what's inside the Great Moshling Egg, I'm not telling...but it's snoodle-tastic. Your children won't be disappointed!
on 15 May 2014
I bought this for my niece and she loved it,if your kids like moshi monsters they will love this,and its fun to sit and watch with them.
on 11 May 2014
My grand-daughter was very happy with her gift and has been watching it over and over again. No problems with playback and quality.