on 15 November 2013
Recently I purchased this mixer (14/10/2013) unfortunately when mixing bread dough the hook became loose very quickly and would not stay tight in the holder, the holder is made of plastic and did not seem strong enough to hold the dough hook in place under pressure. whipping is a breeze though and cream is whipped well. I purchased this mixer for the purpose of making 3 loaves of bread a week unfortunately it was not fit for this purpose.I contacted Morphy Richards customer helpline but they could only say if you are not happy take it back to the retailer for exchange or a refund.
on 14/11/2013 having used it 3 times I sent it back via Amazon for a refund.I may have had a machine that was faulty in some way, it would have been nice if Morphy had offered to look at the fault in question as it may effect other machines as well but they were not interested in doing that as it was not offered as an option. PROSPECTIVE BUYERS NOTE; YOU CAN ONLY RUN THIS MACHINE FOR 5 MINUITS AT A TIME THEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT 10 MINUITS FOR IT TO COOL DOWN BEFORE USING IT AGAIN. Otherwise its ok.
55 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2013
Great machine but it states on Amazon web site that the bowl and splash guard are dishwasher safe yet the manual states they can not.
on 27 February 2014
Looks great but quite a plastic feel - which I can cope with as the price is good.
However I am quite unhappy with several aspects; the beaters do not touch the side of the bowl and so the contents do not get mixed / whisked properly, the splash guard is really difficult to fit and keeps falling off, the bowl has holes in it that water gets into when washing it, when the beater / whisk is in the upright position, there is not enough room to get the spatula in to scrape the sides and so it results in having to remove the bowl. I bought this as a time saving device and despite using it on several occasions I am not happy at all. In fact, in many instances I actually do not want to use it.
I bought Morphy Richards thinking it would be the best of this price range, but on reflection I should have saved my pennies towards a better quality machine.
44 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2015
We've been using this Morphy Richard's stand mixer for a couple of months now and have tried a number of different mixes, batters and dough recipes using all three of the attachments provided, beater, dough hook and whisk. I know that there is more to baking than mixing ingredients but the resulting consistency of all the mixtures have resulted in the best cakes and bread that we have ever made.

The mixer looks great alongside our other black kitchen appliances which is an added bonus. The bowl and attachments are easy to assemble, remove and clean and the mixer is stable at all 6 speeds thanks to the mixer's feet. The mixing bowl cover and splash guard cover together keep all of the mixture in the bowl with no spillages experienced. This is the first mixer we've owned where all the attachments and accessories pack away within the mixing bowl which is really handy. We would throughly recommend this stand mixer
on 14 November 2013
My wife and I bought this for my daughter who had never made a cake or pie or baked bread in her life. She used it for the first time yeasterday and to her credit made a cake and bread which turned out very well. This machine is better and cheaper than the one my wife bought off amazon a few months ago
My only complaint is that the instruction book that comes with the machine does not explain to a novice user that after completing that baking proccess the rest of the kitchen should not resemble a war zone.
on 1 October 2013
We have had this mixer a few months now (didn't want to put a review on until used a few times) As you would imagine the build quality is excellent for this branded product. My wife watches every cooking show on TV and loves trying out different foods so it was an ideal tool for the kitchen. The thing I like is the weight of this mixer which doesn't wobble and vibrate like some of the other mixers we've seen. It looks very professional and it comes with all the attachments you'll ever need. There's also a very useful 'Splash Guard' the bowl and attachments are easy to clean and for the price it's a BARGAIN! A 2 year guarantee what more could you want? The only downside is the more my wife uses it the more my waistline has increased. For the money I don't think you'd get a better product and it's a brand we trust.
on 28 May 2014
Great for the kitchen. Yeah u may have to let it cool down after 5minutes at top speed. But what u going to be mixing for longer than that at top speed. I havent had to let mine cool down. Lots of cake mixes and scone mixes now and sponges turn out great. Highly recommend
on 20 October 2015
Probably a bit bigger than you would expect, but looks great in the kitchen.

I use it now whenever I bake and it does such a good job and I love using it!!

My only probably with it is the difference in speed between settings 3 and 4. 4 is a lot, lot faster when it gets up to speed, so it's a shame there isn't and in between speed. Other than that, this is a fantastic mixer which will do any kitchen and baker proud!
on 23 October 2015
This stand mixer is excellent.Does everything you require efficiently. Comes with all the attachments you would need for your baking needs.
I have successfully made cakes,biscuits and bread using this mixer.
It is easy to change attachments, relatively quite in operation.
I would recommend this mixer to anyone. It is as equally good to some higher priced equivalents.
on 10 December 2013
I recently purchased one of these from Robert Dyas at what was supposed to be half price (£100). Then found it on Amazon for £20 less. This was not the reason for my dissatisfaction with the product. On reading the instructions, I found that it could only be used for 5 minutes continuously, making it totally useless for breadmaking. I returned it for a full refund as the staff at Robert Dyas agreed with me. I think all prospective purchasers should be made aware of this design flaw, as a burned-out motor will obviously void the guarantee - they will say it has not been used according to the manufacturer's instructions!