on 2 June 2016
This is the second one of these I have bought. First one packed up after 14 months so just out of warranty. Up to that point it had performed well so I took a chance on a replacement, packed in today. Same problem, won't produce steam and water just leaks out the bottom. I suppose the old adage 'you get what you pay for' springs to mind. Cheap and cheerful but doesn't offer longevity in my experience. As coincidence would have it, both units packed up not long out of warranty too....
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 January 2016
I love the floor steamer other than I also purchased one for my daughter in law at the same time for a Christmas present unfortunately mine worked and hers didn't so I had to swop with her, I then phoned Morphy Richards about the broken one and to be fair they were helpful but I they told me that the steamer I purchased was no longer being made, they did say that they would replace it, the other thing was I was very disappointed that there was only one cleaning pad for hard surfaces and one for carpet so that means that you have got to buy some more.
on 11 November 2014
Exactly the same as a few of the other reviews. It was fine and worked well then just stopped working.
My original one broke about a month inside the year's guarantee so they replaced it, however the second one broke in only 5 months. So that is an average of 8 months of use per item which is not very good however functional it was in that time.

It got used once a week only so that's not a lot!
We used distilled water (which they insist on for the guarantee to be valid at all) and they confessed to problems with it including an airlock problem but this help didn't change anything.

I too was offered a replacement by Morphy Richards at a "discounted price" but this was still more expensive than Amazon.
But since I want an steam mop that will last longer than 8 months I will try another brand.

I imagine quite a few of the good reviews here may be premature, as I was happy when it worked, but it seems that this item is cheap and prone to failure. Inferior Product - BEWARE!
3 people found this helpful
on 22 January 2017
I bought this back in October 2014. I held off writing a review because, having read so many reviews, I wanted to give it a fair crack of the whip. It conked out in October 2016. Despite using the 'special' water it requires, it stopped producing steam and I've been unable to carry on using it. Up until then, I had no complaints and it did a good job without chemicals (on both my laminate and tiled floors) although I had had to replace the floor cleaning pad. I don't think that I will purchase another and will go back to using my trusty 25-year old Wileda mop and Dettol floor liquid.
on 21 January 2016
This floor steamer mop is good value for money but, as with all steamers where you fix the cleaning pad on to the bottom of the mop to velcro pads, when it is wet, it tends to roll off. I find I have to hold the mop almost horizontal in order for it to stay on. This would appear to be a small design fault - why not have pads which fit over the mop head and fix more securely in place? Other than that, it cleans vinyl floors very well. (It will refresh carpets, but does not clean them).
on 29 April 2013
My wood floors are looking very good and with little effort as the device is very easy to use. I do not recommend it for carpets though as they didn't look any different after cleaning.
14 people found this helpful
on 2 May 2017
This is the second one of these products I've purchased from Morphy Richards to fail within after limited use. This was lightly used (used when shoulder injury playing up as prefer old fashioned mop/bucket) and distilled water only placed within machine but despite powering up, there is no steam being produced. The machine is in new condition and sadly out of warranty for replacement.
on 19 November 2014
Loved at first then it failed called number on unit and was told to whack smack unit as air gets trapped, fixed but was pushed into buying morphy Richards distilled water as if I don't the unit will fail, I explained it's only a month old ended up buying more floor pads.
Since then it's failed again tried smacking water tank nothing , also lost the silicone to the water stopper gap not sure if it went into unit and this is causing all my problems. Eureka moment need to call morphy Richards.
One person found this helpful
on 17 July 2014
Not as powerful as a more expensive cleaner we had that broke but for the price it does a good job albeit a little slower. Only real niggle is the power cable comes out of the bottom of the machine which is annoying as you expect it to come out of the top like a vacuum cleaner where you hold it in one hand and the cleaner in the other but to do this with this device you have to bend down and pick the lead up and hold it unnaturally. Perhaps I'm being weird?!

Seems quite cheap but as long as it lasts a year or two I'll be happy. Have had good experience with morphy richards devices recently and for the price they are usually good value.
One person found this helpful
on 29 November 2014
So disappointing! I had a vac steam mop before this which my husband managed to break....
Anyway easiest way to summarise:
Cons
The extendable handle means any pressure applied (when rubbing at a sticky stain) results in the handle shortening itself.
The handle doesn't feel sturdy enough to give the floor a good rub
The pad is extremely wet at the end of cleaning the kitchen/diner.

Pros
The pad feels well made and will last
The steam affect looks/sounds pretty powerful