- Also check our best rated Soup Maker reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Stainless Steel
|Price:||£53.75 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£11.24 (17%)|
- Motorised blending blade in lid
- Easy-clean design
- Operating controls in lid
- 1.6 L capacity
- Stainless steel body
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Soup Maker makes it quick and easy to make homemade soup to your own individual taste, with minimum fuss. Place the ingredients needed for your favourite recipe inside your Soup Maker, then it’s as simple as selecting either the smooth or chunky soup setting, depending on your preference. A short wait while your Soup Maker blends and gently cooks the ingredients for perfectly delicious homemade soup, you can check your soups progress on the digital interface with countdown timer. The Morphy Richards Soup Maker has a stylish design comprising a 1.6L capacity catering for up to 6 people. The blend function also means that during the summer months you can make smoothies and milkshakes with the soup makers blend and juice function.
From the manufacturer
Morphy Richards 48822 Soup Maker - Black
Fresh, Home-made Soup in Just 21 Minutes
Introducing the Soup Maker from Morphy Richards. The fuss-free way to make delicious soup, just the way you like it. In as little as 21 minutes, you can be sitting down with a bowl of fresh, homemade and nutritious soup. Unlike shop-bought soup, this soup will be made to your own personal taste and consistency.
- Large 1.6 L capacity, serving up to six people.
- Smooth and chunky soup settings.
- Makes soup in less than 25 minutes.
- Simple, one-step operation
- Easy-clean design
The Soup Maker is designed to be quick and easy to use. Simply prepare and chop your ingredients into small pieces, place them inside the soup maker and choose either the smooth or chunky setting. For best results chop your ingredients to 1 - 2 cm pieces to allow quicker cooking and better blending. The easy to use control panel features an LED countdown display that shows exactly how long your soup has left to cook while you just sit back and let your soup maker do the hard work for you.
Style-Conscious, Functional and Practical
This soup maker fits well into any style of kitchen and with a top-down design that allows for a large 1.6 L jug, you can make enough soup for up to four servings at once. After you’ve enjoyed your meal, just give the jug a quick rinse under the tap, wipe it with a soapy sponge and your soup maker is ready for next time.
For Best Results
- Due to the starch and sugars present in some foods, these may stick to the inside base of the jug if they are placed in direct contact. To prevent this, add half a cup of water or stock to the soup maker before placing in any solid ingredients.
- Chop your ingredients to 1 - 2 cm pieces to allow quicker cooking and better blending
Follow a couple of the easy-to-use recipes when you start using your Soup Maker to familiarise yourself with the product and have optimal results from the start.
- Ensure the power cable is fully inserted into the base of the soupmaker securely before use. If this is not fully inserted the item may not switch on or may turn off during its cycle.
- Align the soupmaker lid with the jug to ensure the lid slots into the unit correctly. If not aligned correctly the soupmaker will not perform.
- Once you have set the programme you wish to use, please do not lift the lid to see your soup, until the cycle has completely finished. If you lift the lid the programme will cut out and re-set back to the beginning.
- Do not overfill the jug as this could lift the lid during the cooking process and cause the programme to reset. Note there is a maximum fill line in the body of the unit. Please do not exceed this amount.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
But the other night our house lights tripped,and all went off.After putting them back on again,I went to switch the soup maker back on and the lights all tripped again.Did it a third time when trying the machine in a different wall socket.
If this product was reliable I would probably give it five stars,as it isn't its lucky to get the two.This machine will also be going back to Amazon.
Then we have to learn a code to understand what the machine is doing. Tip for the Morphy Richards designers. If it's heating, it should say (guess what?) HEATING and if it's blending, it should say (guess what?) that's right, you're getting it, BLENDING. There is no reason whyvit shouldn't say what's happening, making it easy for anyone to understand.
Making the ON/OFF switch the same button as the SELECT switch makes no sense whatsoever:
Essentially this is a kettle and a blender in one. Surely the user should come first and usability / legibility / readability be made a priority. The soup it makes is fine - but that's a given. It should be a given, however, that the user doesn't have to think (and certainly doesn't have to learn a code) to use it.
Poor show from the Morphy Richards designers.
1. There are very few soup recipes included with the soup maker why? Come on Morphy Richards, adding a recipe booklet would add little to the cost but a great deal to the product. Instead we have to resort to the internet.
2. In many, many cases the few recipes that are included instruct you to fry onions in a pan, or cook this, or roast that. If you have to get a pan out to start the soup making off, it does detract from the one-for-all gadget. If one does have to fry onions or red peppers etc, why not have the stainless steel kettle part so you can place this directly on your cooker and then fry or cook the required ingredients in the soupmaker. At least this would reduce the washing-up.
In summary, a great gadget for the easy, simple soups that don't need ingredients to be pre-cooked and the ones that we have tried have been great, creamy, smooth and delicious.
Easy to clean - but I would recommend tracking-down the easy-to-prepare soup recipes that don't need additional preparation in other pans.
Two additional comments having used for some time. The lid, which has the mixer and motor in it, has to be removed for some recipes whilst you add ingredients. The lid is very awkward to lay down, The rounded handle means that you cannot stand it upside down, and as it has sharp blades, you really need to endure that it rests somewhere where the blades cannot scratch anything. It would enhance the design, if there were a clip on the side of the main jug where you could 'hang' the top whilst you add later ingredients.Read more ›
So simple to use and takes alot of work out of making soup.
Some recipes say pre fry certain ingredients like onion as this doesnt have the pre fry option. We dont, we just chuck it all in and works great!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used about 5 times now just cuts out after 10 seconds. Waste of money, waste of food. Quick google and seems a common fault. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Charanddave
This is literally the best gadget I have ever bought (apart from my Nespresso machine!). It is so good that I bought one for my Dad for Christmas (who subsequently bought one for... Read morePublished 14 days ago by Amazon Customer
When it works, it makes fantastic soups but after 4 months of only moderate to light use the machine keeps cutting out or doesn't start at all. Not worth the risk in my opinion.Published 21 days ago by Chadders
Very good product have used it a lot and gives excellent results no problemsPublished 29 days ago by Amazon Customer