- Visit our Kitchen & Home Appliances Store for a fantastic selection of brands and products, all at great prices.
Morphy Richards 47001 Filter Coffee Maker Graphite
Cold weather essentials in home & garden*
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Brushed stainless steel trim
- Fastbrew brews hot coffee in 8 minutes
- Heat resistant carafe and lid
- 10 cup/1.4 litre capacity
- Thermostatic hot plate to keep coffee at a constant temperature
- Permanent, easy clean filter
- Coffee strength selector
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
10 Cup/1.4 litre capacity. Brushed stainless steel trim. Fastbrew - brews coffee in 8 mins. Easy clean permanent filter. Coffee strength selector. Thermostatic hotplate. Heat resistant carafe & lid.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The coffeemaker brews "10 cups" of coffee, but I don't know anyone who drinks coffee in cups that small. I find I can get 5 smallish mugs or 4 large mugs out of a full jug of coffee. I often just brew one mug at a time, which this machine is also capable of doing quite well.
A couple of minor niggles - it isn't always easy pouring water into the machine using the glass jug, because the hole for the water is right at the back under the lid. Also, when brewing a full jug using coffee which was very fresh roast and ground, I found that the filter basket almost overflowed - so you either have to use less-than-fresh coffee (shop pre-ground stuff works just fine but of course doesn't taste as good) or just brew less than a full jug.
Some other stores sell a version of this coffeemaker with a stainless steel jug (for nearly the same price), which I suppose is shatterproof but you can't see how much coffee is inside it.
- The valve at the base of the filter had a tendency to become dislodged and end up in the bottom of the jug
- The coffee was rarely, if ever, evenly dripped upon, often leaving whole sections of the grounds dry and unused resulting in weak and undrinkable coffee.
- It seemed to spray water any which way on a whim
This is honestly one of the worst coffee machines I have ever used - and I've used some terrible ones. I am bitterly disappointed with Morphy Richards as I've only ever had good experiences with them in the past. I have no idea how the positive reviews I've seen came to be. I experimented repeatedly with different approaches to operating this accursed device, but to no avail. I am currently seeking a refund due to the device not being fit for purpose.
So, knowing how Gaggia was a name so synonymous with coffee, I plumped for the Gaggia filter coffee machine. After weeks of trying and bags and bags of wasted coffee, all I've ended up with is weak but bitter coffee with a plastic aftertaste.
Therefore I've plumped for another of the Morphy Richards machines.
This constantly produces the nicest, richest filter coffees I've yet found from a home machine and I can't recommend it enough for that very reason. The jug may drip but just deal with it. Seriously, try other coffee machines and you'll be wishing you had the drip back!