- Also check our best rated Nintendo Ds Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £3.99 UK delivery
More Brain Training with Dr. Kawashima. How Old is Your Brain
- New Activities! The title is a series of minigames designed to give your brain a workout. The 17 new, engaging activities are all designed to help work your brain and increase blood flow to the prefrontal cortex. Whether you're playing simple songs on a piano keyboard or monitoring the photo finish of a footrace, you'll love your new mental workout!
- Keep training! When you start a new game, you will take a series of tests and get a score that shows how old your brain is. This number is called your Brain Age. With daily training over weeks and months, you can improve your mental acuity and lower your Brain Age. Progress is charted in graph form.
- Expanded multiplayer! You can keep up to four save files on one game card. Sharing a game allows you to compete in a picture-drawing quiz or a word challenge with family and friends. You can also use DS Download Play to send a demo to friends or compete with up to 16 players in one of four fun modes.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- BBFC Rating:
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
If you had suggested a few years ago that the Nintendo DS would be the fastest selling console in history and its most successful game was a self-help puzzle game more popular with the elderly than traditional gamers many wouldve wondered whether your brain didnt need rather more training that it was currently getting. Nevertheless, the original Brain Training game has sold over 6 million copies worldwide and remains in the UK charts more than a year after a its initial release.
This follow-up is meant to complement the original game, not necessarily replace it, and contains seventeen new mini-games, each designed to stimulate your brain in a different way enhancing memory, improving concentration and generally giving your noggin a tune up. As before the game is meant to be played in short, five to ten minute sessions each day, the mental equivalent of a quick jog round the block. The game tracks your progress from day-to-day and you can also play any of the mini-games against other people, whether they have a copy or not.
As before the mini-games are all played either by writing or drawing with the stylus (the DS is held vertically, like a book, while playing) or by voice recognition via the built-in microphone. The actual mini-games are a more varied and imaginative bunch than before, with such exercises as playing a short piano piece, completing maths equations and unscrambling words. Theres also a fully featured version of Sudoku as well, making this the perfect video game for people that dont play video games.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Nintendo are changing all that. Just as they did back in the say of Game and Watch. Not only is the DS an innovative format with the stylus and two screens, but they are getting games released that will change gaming forever.
I love the way this game interacts with you. It keeps a track of real time, and is a genuine training assistant. If you log on at 11.50pm he says, my it's late, you know sleeping is good for you, if you come back day after day he congratualtes you. It is a very small detail, but it just makes the whole thing very personal.
The format works really well. Nice touches like for left-handed people it flips the whole thing round so you can easily play it.
The games are not graphical wonders, they are very clever and functional. They stretch you brain, just as they are supposed to, and you will find yourself competing with your personal bests to improve.
I haven't explored the whole of this game yet, as you keep earning extra features the more you play.
I congratulate Nintendo for bring genuinely innovates games and platforms out - and joy it is selling more consoles and games!
Buy this game as soon as possible.
+ Fun games which train your brain.
+ And as if that wasn't enough, there's also 100 Sudoku puzzles.
+ Budget price of 20 pounds which is more than good value.
- Exactly the same layout as the first game.
- Some mini games are a bit boring.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews