Customer reviews

mophie juice pack helium for iPhone 5s/5 (1,500mAh) - Red

on 18 September 2016
Cheap rubbish I tried to use this to charge my and when I went to take my phone out the case the entire bottom broke and was unusable.
review image
on 26 August 2017
Charged up fully but only adds about 30% to iPhone battery. Given up using it. Very disappointed.
on 3 July 2014
Functionally the product works very well. However it's not been thought through properly.
Firstly the charging port for this is Mini USB. Why? Why not make it Lightning port like the iPhone5 has already? I suspect that may be down to royalties needing to be paid to Apple to use this design. However other people pay and use it so minus a star for that.
Next the product is really awkward to get the Lightning connector into the phone from the pack and when you pull the phone in and out you stress the connector and it feels like it's going to break. Minus another star.
Lastly. I dropped it and it literally shattered and wires and everything parted company. Now I didn't expect the plastic to survive but the solder on the connector came away as well. It was really poorly made and wired. Not impressed at all. The annoying thing is I had one of the Morphie Juice packs for my 4s and it was brilliant. Shame. They are expensive and I bought it based on previous experience.
on 30 April 2014
The item worked ok then after a couple weeks it would only work sometimes not all the time. It charged ok but then it wouldn't actually charge the phone saying it was not supported. Kept flicking from charging to not charging. Very annoying, may as well have bought a £15 iphone charger instead. (Well im going to have to now anyway!)
on 4 November 2016
Awesome, so pleased I got this for my iPhone 5s. Extends battery life by 50% though no more. Easy to pull off the bottom section and use lightening connector or leave it on and use the Nokia/blackberry (micro usb?) charger. It charges your phone to 100% then fills battery pack after that. Optional switch to use extra battery. Makes phone only slightly larger. Nice bright red colour, sturdy plastic. Slight lip overlaps the edge to protect front screen. It was a lot of money to me but I saved up and I think it is worth it.
on 24 February 2014
Tried ordering from a different sender (SunnyB) and had an infinite amount of problems. So I decided to pay a bit more and go direct to AmazonUK's centre.

So on to the main point of the review:

When the case arrived it was well packaged and easy enough to open. There's also a charge cable included (mini USB) and just FYI there's no plug only the charger but that wasn't an issue to me. It does add some size (you can definitely feel the difference) to the iPhone 5S but really that's exactly what you should expect with a battery pack case since it has to house so much power. So far I'm really enjoying it! It works excellent and does add a considerable amount of battery life to the iPhone. This makes using it for days in work no hassle and you don't have to worry at all about watching something completely killing the battery. I absolutely adore the colour! I think it look wonderful and really adds more character to the iPhone. One point I will make clear is that those of you considering purchasing it should note that it ISN'T matte but also neither is it shiny and cheap looking, it's pretty much a solid red (kind of between the two, closer to matte). I've not found that it restricts my phone signal at all, it seems pretty much the same as before. There also seem to be no signs of it being easy to scratch either so far which is great.

All in all I wholly endorse this charging case. Ver impressive and I can see it lasting a very long time!
on 7 January 2015
Bought this for my wife as a Christmas present and she loves it. She used to charge her work phone at least twice a day now it's only the once overnight. We are that impressed I've just taken delivery of one.
on 3 April 2014
Brilliant extra power for the iPhone, especially when the power starts running down when you cannot plug in to recharge
on 8 July 2014
Great case, does it's job well, can get a bit hot though. And it's also really expensive....
on 20 July 2014
Appears to be a nice piece of kit but does get a bit warm when charging or being charged