Colour Name: Pink|Change

on 8 July 2013
Read the other reviews but I can only add that it has extended the phone to 2 days for me. Couldn't have asked for more!
on 19 February 2016
This case is available in a number of different colours. In the box is the case, headphone jack extender and micro usb cable (for charging).

The case simply snaps together around the iPhone, as it has a top and bottom section. It has speaker grilles on the bottom section front to help amplify the iPhone's speakers. A headphone jack extender is also provided, as the case is too deep for headphones to fit into the headphone socket. On the back is 4 less which help indicate the battery percentage and a switch which can be used to turn the battery case on & off. The case has cutouts for the lock, volume and silent buttons. It is charged through a micro-usb port on the bottom, it can be charged while the iPhone is inside and will charge the iPhone first before charging the case. It provides a 80% charge for your phone. It adds some thickness to your phone and length, but not too much.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 January 2015
I think this is an excellent battery pack for the iPhone 5 and 5s. It's thin for a battery case and it's relatively light. The case itself is relatively protective, but it probably wouldn't be adequate for drops of over a meter onto concrete.

The battery takes a couple of hours to charge and provides about 70% extra battery usually, which is very good compared to the advertised amount. This usually means that I don't have to charge my phone in there day - a huge benefit. The finish doesn't fade very easily and mine is till in almost pristine condition.

Overall, this is a great battery case which gets rid of a lot of the annoying battery problems with the iPhone 5s. It lasts about a day of moderate-heavy usage. The added bulk is annoying, but this is one of the thinner cases out there. It's a bit on the pricey side at full price, but it's now much cheaper on Amazon. When I purchased mine back in November 2014 it was £45, but now that it's down to around £25 it is a very good deal.
on 22 May 2016
This is one of the smallest battery cases for a iphone 5s. It is really quite compact but still adds a bit of weight to the phone, and can warm your pocket significantly when charging the phone. Other battery cases have the same problems so this is not a criticism. The case protects the back of the phone well but obviously the front is completely exposed if you drop it.

The case itself is charged by micro-usb, and has an internal lightning charger for the phone, I've had no issues of rejection from the phone you might have using a non-apple lighting adaptor for example. The gap for the headphone jack is enough to pass the standard apple ear-pods through but not a chunky cable.

I bought this for day trips out with my iphone 5s. I'm a heavy user of my phone and was starting to find i needed a charge if i was using battery hungry activities like using apple map directions. The mophie juice pack is exactly what i needed to get through a long day out without running out of battery. I now find myself using it regularly on weekends (during the week my phone charges at my desk).
on 14 November 2015
This item was a surprisingly tight fit in my 5s. didn't think anything of it till I tried to take it off today for the first time in the three month I have owned and used it.
Needless to say the base panel fell apart in my hands as if the glue had evaporated away. it's now stuck on my phone and I'm looking for a way to pull it off without damaging my phone.
It's pretty shameful concidering I had the 4s version previously for my old phone and it lasted over 2 years.
It's out of the return period now. (2month after purchase only) I'm hoping Amazon will get in contact to rectify this.
review image
on 25 June 2014
After using it for over a week It now feels natural to have this case on! The size and weight for me personally have never been an issue I would happily have the extended battery life instead! and this is one of the best battery cases i have ever used for any of the iphones. I decided to purchase this one instead of countless other available on the market as this is a MFI (Made For Iphone) product. Therefore there are no comparability issues with this product. The design is where this product trumps all the rest in the market currently. It feels naturally fit for the 5/5s and although it does adds to the length from the bottom but you will quickly get used to it, infact it feels great to hold now and type messages if you have bigger hands.
on 31 May 2013
the helium is ok, they claim it will charge the phone by 80% in practice this seems closer to 50-60%.

if i was buying again i'd get the air model offering up to 100% charge, or even the juicepack plus which offers up to 120%, so in practice maybe 1 full charge which would be useful.
on 22 April 2015
Your iPhone 5 is at the point where mine was: Not holding a charge, not lasting a full 'work' day; more of a burden than a help. If this is the case, stop reading reviews and buy the Mophie Helium.
It fixed all of that for me. I no longer need to bring a charger every where I go. I no longer fear to go on a run and listen to music. I no longer fear leaving my house and not knowing where I need to go. Yes these are all first world problems but dammit they are important to you! Buy this product.
on 12 January 2014
The Mophie makes for a great case but it has it's impracticalities. It does protect your phone but annoyingly it does heat up quite a bit when discharging. Also the lack of Lightning port (it uses a Micro USB port) is quite annoying.
on 7 April 2015
For the price I paid at the time (about £60) this should last for longer than 11 months. It's had fair use but nothing abnormal. It protects the phone very well, and gives the battery a good boost when you need it- activate it at 20% battery and it'll get you back up to 70%-80%.

But less than a year after buying it brand new, the lightning connector is failing and constantly disconnects and reconnects, making the phone vibrate like a maniac in your pocket when it's on silent. If it's not on silent it just chimes and doesn't shut up.

For that reason, I'm going to give a different manufacturer my money for my charger case this time.
44 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse