on 28 July 2014
It was okay, lost interest before it was over.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 August 2012
My surprise read of 2012.

Not a genre I would normally read but I confess I was more than a little intrigued by the thought of a book that according to the front cover was ....

A swashbuckling, science fiction epic filled with adventure, mystery, romance and fantasy.

A wonderful adventure saga set across five different moons, the author weaves together a compelling and often complex story peopled by several different civilisations not to mention species but it was his ability to maintain my interest in main character, Rez Cantor, a captain in the Imperial Army and personal attache to Princess Leanna (female lead and romantic interest), that was so remarkable.

Yes, even though there are several other creatively written characters all with their own distinct personalities, the story often centres almost entirely on Rez which is no mean feat as he undergoes several slightly adapted incarnations according to which world he finds himself on, which peoples he finds himself living amongst.

All wonderfully descriptive, this was a novel of epic proportions that held my imagination from page one despite the fact that at times it seemed to have elements of both Star Wars and Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, the Brata of Boutal putting me in mind of the flying monkeys in The Wizard Of Oz.

Fast paced, I found myself totally involved with Rez's adventures and wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that some producer or other had snapped up the right to adapt the book into a movie.

DISCLAIMER: Read and reviewed on behalf of the author I was merely asked for my honest opinion, no financial compensation was asked for nor given.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse