Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more

on 4 June 2014
This is such an underrated novel - the story is a masterpiece and, if you live in Dorset, you know the places in the story - magical - and this is a beautiful copy. Don't think it is just for children - it's not. In fact, I read it to my very bright 10 year-old and, although she was gripped by the story, she was a little too young to handle the tragic ending.
on 4 March 2016
great classic story i saw the film years ago with stewart granger that was great and i am now into reading and the book is even better than the film
on 1 May 2017
One of my favourite childhood books
on 27 June 2017
Great read
on 2 November 2014
My teacher read this to us as a child and it is even better on a second read. A delightful tale of contraband, smugglers and the pursuit of treasure. Conjures up wonderful images.
on 4 January 2014
I read this book when I was little and loved the story, strangely I could only remember the first half, now having re read it I realise why. I think the second half is too far fetched it seemed Faulkner was going for realism, but then changed his mind which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. An enjoyable read,but for once I think I actually enjoyed the TV version more.
on 1 June 2017
Excellent read, difficult to put down once started, thoroughly enjoyable.
on 30 June 2017
It was a pleasure to read a book written in such eloquent English instead of the foul language used in many modern works. I sat till the early hours of the morning to finish reading this story.
This took me back to my school days, loved it then, saw the film and that was it Hooked for life
on 16 January 2017
A real ripping yarn. The story had me gripped from page one. I thoroughly recommend it.