Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

I have read this series through on more than one occasion and have loved every page whilst doing so. The author really manages to grip the audience with the various twists and turns and unfortunately for me it felt like I could not put the book down. There are a grammatical errors, but I for one do not care. 5 Stars.
on 17 May 2017
Riveting, from start to finish.
on 1 February 2015
I started reading the Moon Wreck shorts whilst experimenting with my Kindle. I was pleasantly surprised as to the quality of the work and quickly purchased the rest of the set. Having just completed the first full novel I am satisfied I have made a good choice. The writers work has been so easy to read and the characters and situations have been easy to picture in my mind and allow me to share the experience in some way. These book have not tried to baffle me with long winded scientific explanations to try and justify some of the theories within the story. It is, plain and simple, a good story. If I want to read the science about faster than light travel there are plenty of science journals around to cover this elsewhere. The writer uses the terms to drive the story, a good story, without over complicating matters with "science". Having read a lot of science fiction over the years I find Raymond's "Slaved Wars" series an excellent addition to my collection and will return to these stories again on other occasions. I will even look at other series he has written. Thanks for an entertaining read.
on 29 December 2014
I'm struggling with this series. The story line is very good and the themes work well. It may be just me, but I can't get on with Raymond's writing style. It sometimes reminds me of a 'B' movie script. That said, I've bought all of the Slaver series for the Kindle, and will press on and enjoy the story, if not the delivery.
on 15 October 2013
I got into this book after reading the previous intro books. I like the idea of the story and the characters are well defined and believable. The story is about a mysterious race or machine which uses warlike aliens (the Hocklyns) to conquer the Universe planet by planet, galaxy by galaxy to enslave indigenous people and mine the resources for their own ends. A futuristic ship wreck is discovered on the moon and we find out that Earth will be a target in the near future. Will those on Earth work together to save the planet or will they be enslaved when the Hocklyns finally arrive? Any book that keeps my interest past the first one is definitely worth the price and I can highly recommend the slaver Wars.
VINE VOICEon 2 August 2013
Mr Weil seems to be "finding his voice" here-the series is getting better and better.

Real characters and real plot. Real page-turner too.
Possibly a little more description and "show not tell"?

Anyway; Can descendents of human survivors of an escape from the Slaver Empire find the technology to fight back and "Live Free or Die". A mixture of young recruits and survivors must try. However, even the Slavers are subjects of a more evil race. And there are internal enemies amonst the humans too.

Now waiting for the next episode in October.
This will take more than a trilogy.
on 21 October 2013
I am totally addicted to this series. It's definitely the best scifi read I have had the enjoyment of reading in a very long time, so much so that I have published my first ever review on Amazon.! Please keep them coming thick and fast, I have already completed first strike so roll on january for the next installment.
on 5 November 2013
I enjoyed this episode . However I did find the story line of the baddies on board the New Horizon a bit unlikely, it all seemed a bit too easy for them but as a link to the Hocklyns who were well outside their previous survey areas, I suppose it worked. I am looking forward to Alien Contact which I have just started.
on 9 February 2014
After reading the set of three short stories I was a little perplexed. As they were so short and could have been made into one story. But this one I was really able to get into. With much more in-depth storyline and I am looking forward to reading the next two books.
on 9 March 2014
Interesting development of a much needed Human Resources theme - albeit a bit predictable. Nonetheless important building blocks in the continuing saga provide exciting reading - sadly with some dreadful typing errors! Roll on the next episode!