Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 March 2005
This wonderful book has such a wealth of information on the Moon, her passage through the skies (and constellations) and how this effects us on Earth. It goes into great detail when describing each moon sign (not as a personality profile) and how it affects our bodies, eating habits, weight, health, the weather, decisions, healing. Such important knowledge, yet we've let it almost disappear.

When I first got this book I flicked through and found a passage that stated filing or cutting your nails on a friday night after sunset makes them grow healthy and strong. Having never had a fingernail last longer than an hour, I immediately decided to try this out. And it works! Even the authors say they can't explain it, but my nails are so strong and durable and white. People think they're false. It convinced me this book had secrets of our universe that I could learn about, but probably never fully comprehend. I knew it could teach me some real truths (more important than fingernails).

It also includes times for collecting and growing herbs and when to do certain household jobs like fix the roof. I know for certain other Moon books have used this as a source for their information. Forget the rest and just invest in this great volume. It teaches so much about the magic of Nature, in a very down-to-Earth and reverent way.

It also has extensive information on bio-rhythms and how to calculate your own. It takes a bit of maths, but the self-knowledge you gain is truly indispensable. I now understand my own energy peaks and troughs and don't over-exert myself at particular times of the month.

I would say it is an absolute must for any Pagans, but also for anyone else who just wishes to be more in harmony with the world around them. It is so important we are in rhythm with Nature. We have so many artificial time-keepers and influences, lets remember and harmonize with the most original and ancient- our Moon.
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2007
This is one of the most interesting books i have ever read with regards to natural health. I regularly use this book as a reference, when to go to the dentist, when to have new windows fitted, when to paint the living room, even when to cut my nails! It is fascinating and informative and i highly recommend it.
on 10 November 2001
A well written book that shows real knowledge of the moon and the ancient rythmns surrounding it. this will be of use to anyone using lunar phases for ritual, ceremonies or general lifestyle stuff. It is probably not suitable for those with a passing interest in the moon and the references to blood letting can get quite scary! Ideal for the practicing druid, pagan or wiccan
on 19 April 2001
Have had this book for some time now and it is an invaluable resource, and reference. With such a lack of other sources of similar reference, i have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone who wishes to know more about themselves and the world around ..
on 16 April 2008
I bought this book expecting it to provide useful information on living in tune with the lunar cycle. I was very dissapointed. From the out-set it launches attacks on modern medicine and how doctors could benifit if they followed the methods in this book. Now, I'm a pagan, organic gardener and use alternative remedies all the time but this book really got my back up. The information is presented as fact, throughout the book, with little to back up the theory. This book IS NOT about, 'The Art Of Harmony With Nature & Lunar cycles' as it claims. It is, yet another, book about new age theory mixed with medieval astrological diagnosis. If you want useless advice such as you snore becuase you're afraid letting go etc, etc then this is the book for you.
The author not content with attacking the medical profession later attacks your pet cat. 'Cats do not belong in bed, among other things because they are carriers of worms.' CLAP TRAP. Ms Paungger clearly doesn't like cats as much as doctors. My cat has slept on my bed for 18 years and not once have I contracted worms. According to this book wherever your cat sleeps is full of negative energy and radiation. She has clearly never owned a cat. I have 2 cats & they'll sleep where it's warm & safe, my whole house and garden must be filled with radiation.
The worst thing about this is it has hardly anything to do with the moon. There's even a chapter on biorhythms, which are calculated by your birth date and have little to do with the moon.
Ultimately I really regret buying this book. I'm donating it to oxfam at the first chance, perhaps it may give someone, somewhere a good laugh.
99 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2010
This book is wonderful in providing information both historical and present about our relationship with the moon. It is so easily written and ideal for those interested in reconnecting with nature.
on 13 February 2013
Such an interesting and informative book. How can anyone know so much about the rhythms of life, especially the moon? A lot of this information is based on personal knowledge and not a 'cook book', copied from other sources. It is a book I would not be without and have purchased or recommended it to other fellow astrologers. Yet, this is not just a book for astrologers. It would interest a anyone who recognises the importance of lunar activity.
on 3 March 2013
What a great book this turned out, exactly what I hoped it would be. Now I can plan my life with the optimum time to undertake tasks which will tie in with the moon phases. I am delighted with my purchase, and will always keep it for a reference guide.
on 18 June 2012
I bought this and another moon book. I am now all kitted out to learn this way of being; Living in tune with the Moon. It really is very interesting and the book really interesting to dip in and out of as a reference book to this kind of planet. Fab!
on 2 April 2012
I think that if you get to read these lines, it means you are interested about the effects of the moon on living organisms. This book is "old good knowledge" which you wont find that easily from other sources, like for example, the practice of bloodletting. I recommend you to check the table of contents (look inside option) to have a complete view of what is covered in the book. If you are only interested about the effects of moon on gardening, cutting hair, chopping wood, collecting herbs, etc without the extra information, then you should consider looking at their other book: The art of timing/guided by the moon