Customer reviews

Easy on the ears.
on 20 September 2017
Thanks!
on 28 May 2017
Very pleased with this purchase
on 3 April 2017
Fantastic chill album
on 6 December 2009
Not what I would have chosen for myself, but really grows on you. I would recommend it.
on 10 November 2005
I bought this album speculatively because it had been recommended to me by the automated Amazon system. On reading the other reviews it sounded like a great album and, when it arrived, I was not disappointed.
La Femme d'Argent& relaxes you into your seat/bed/cell in 7 minutes of musical perfection which, although it can play unobtrusively in the background, demands that every chord and note is listened to, and absorbed. Tracks like this, and the beautiful Ce Matin La are contrasted by the poppy, high-bass Sexy Boy.
The album is consistent in the relaxed, but by no means easy-listening nature of the tracks, but also wonderfully diverse in its styles. The introduction of a female voice on All I Need and You Make it Easytakes the emphasis off the instrumentalists, and allows them to play with a beautiful set of vocal harmonies.
If you want dinner party music, do not buy this album - it's just too good to be played in the background.
on 26 September 2016
CD & box was blatantly used and scratched, even though it was listed as new
on 5 May 2017
AIR Moon Safari classic....
on 19 October 2015
ONE OF THE FIRST REALLY INTERESTING CD'S I HEARD! When I first heard this I was into dance music and I wanted to learn more about chilled stuff. I was at a mates house and we were properly stoned and had drank a fair bit of Absynth so we were quite charged. He wacked this on and I was blown away. With mixtures of chillout, movie like sounds and strange electronic sounds this quickly became a fav of mine. It still is. With tracks like 'All I Need' you have yourself one of the most accomplished albums from music in this arena and time. Well worth a buy!
VINE VOICEon 21 August 2006
Genuinely classic albums of the last twenty years are, in my opinion, hideously rare. 'Moon Safari' qualifies partly by having that important quality of unique feel, a world of its own. Godin and Dunckel don't hit you head on, they touch you gently in all the sensitive areas and surprise you from different directions. Inspired keyboard and bass runs and delightful rhythms pour out to create a bewitching, layered sound. Anyone who opens a pop album with a seven-minute instrumental is asking for trouble, but on La Femme D'Argent the bassline acts like a vocal. This sensual piece sounds out of time, about twenty years late, but it's gorgeous. The same can be said of the obvious hit, 'Sexy Boy', which sounds in places as if it comes from the same cloth as other late 1970s electronic pop hits such as 'Magic Fly'.

Following two such diverse tracks with something as breathtaking is difficult but they manage it with the giddy 'All I Need'. Using Beth Hirsch, whoever she is, for the vocal on this and 'You Make It Easy' is an inspired move. These are probably the best tracks but the album as a whole is a delight, even if they do borrow rather blatantly from The Beach Boys on 'Remember'.