on 12 June 2016
Loving this series so much, getting sad because I.m coming towards the end of the series, hopefully there will be more stories and adventures for Sam in the future 😊 thank you r j rain please keep writing 😊 Jx
on 20 September 2013
Another masterpiece from J.R. Rain. I love Samantha Moon novels especially and this one hit the spot just like all the others.
on 7 November 2014
Loved it!
on 25 August 2013
I have read and loved this series of books, but I didn't enjoy this as much as the others and can't help feeling that the end is very near.

I know it is fantasy and meant to take us to another world, but it has gone beyond what it is supposed to be, a wife and mother forced by no choice of her own into being a vampire.

I loved everything that came with this at first, her struggle with trying to keep a normal life, the affect it had on everyday things, her marriage breaking down and trying to keep her secret from those close to her. It seems to me that now that in a bid to keep the series going, more and more vastly unbelievable things are being added to try to extend the story, when maybe it is time it was put to bed.

Perhaps if JR stopped adding all these extras and wrote them now as PI with a difference books, then my interest may be reignited. Though this thought may be fuelled by my desire for crime novels.

I also find the constant referencing to how she ended up where she is and all the characters background stories a little tiresome. I understand that this is there for those who have not read the previous books, but it just seems so very repetitive.

One thing I do think though, it would make a good TV series and maybe that is where JR should now try to take it.

If there is another I may buy it, but wouldn't rush into it with great expectation as I have previously.
on 16 September 2015
Samantha Moon is just a regular Mom. With just a small, tiny exception-she's a vampire.
These books can be read in any order but I think you will like them better if you start at the beginning.
They are serious, funny at times, savage occasionally but they sure are good.
This is the best vampire series of books out there. Go ahead and try one. You'll be hooked, just like me.
on 14 August 2013
Another fabulous story in this fantastic series. I adore Samantha Moon, she is tough, funny, insightful & a wonderful role model. She is constantly fighting her own personal demons & trying to be a better person whilst feeling with her crazy life.
This story was great & I really can't wait to see what happens with Sam. So many questions & I cannot wait to find out what the answers are. Just brilliant!
on 26 August 2013
I have read all the Vampire for Hire books and loved them, but not this one. This one had very little story mainly about Sam and her inner demon, they were much better when Sam was a vampire, mother and PI, the stories are becoming very silly. I think Vampire for Hire is coming to the end, which is a shame because I have really enjoyed them.
on 30 August 2013
This book was very disappointing have read the series it rambles a lot which is in the same books . the first four books where good but it just leaves all the action until the last few pages normally I can't wait for the next one but I will not bother
on 27 April 2016
Loved 1 to 6. Sadly he has ruined it this time. He's fallen into an amateurs trap. He keeps wasting whole paragraphs and pages explaining what happened in previous books. 1. No one will read book 8 without reading 1-7 first!! If they do they're an idiot. 2. When I read a fantasy book my imagination takes me into the books universe. Its like my mind forgets that the real world exists whilst I'm reading. Every time the author writes a page explaining something I already know from the previous book its like an interruption in the story so.it brings me rudely and abruptly crashing back to reality. Thanks a bunch for that.....................

also listening to sams inner dialogue that goes on for pages does the same thing. In one chapter we get 2pages of inner dialogue about her 'feelings' whilst she was in the middle of a conversation with someone ffs!!!! I was thinking shut f$ck up b$tch, put a tampon in and get on with the book ffs!!!!!!
on 20 August 2013
As my title suggest J R Rain has done it again. This is another fantastic read from a fantastic author.

I hadn't thought he could get any better with this book but he has surpassed himself.

Samantha Moon is instilled in my heart as a firm favourite character. She has more ups and downs but the book flows really well and is, as per usual, incredibly well written. I laughed, and was there with the characters as they did what they had to do and discovered more about themselves.

Keep 'em coming and we'll keep on reading.