Monoprice Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 2 Port USB Hub, Headset/Mic Out, Cherry MX Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Mechanical switches have a 4mm throw and 2mm actuation range, so you don't have to bottom the key to register
- Uses Cherry MX Black switches with 60 gram actuation force and no physical click
- Includes 2-port USB hub and connections for headset and mic
- Soft-touch rubberised surface and cylindrical shaped keytops
- Includes key puller and four replacement orange keytops for a better visibility on the WASD keys
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
This keyboard uses the industry leading Cherry MX Black switches. The switches are gold plated to prevent corrosion and have a life cycle of over 50 million keypresses, which is 5-10x more than that of a conventional membrane keyboard.
Typical membrane keyboards, and most mechanical keyboards with a USB interface, only support 6-key rollover (maximum 6 keys registering at a time), but this model supports 64-key rollover, allowing for complex gaming combos as well as faster touch typing with fewer errors.
The Cherry MX Black switches are among the most popular for serious gamers. If you are the type of gamer or typist that tends to hit neighbouring keys, the high actuation force of the Cherry MX Black switches (over that of the Cherry MX Red switches, for example), means that the stray keypresses are less likely to produce a character.
The keyboard includes a 2-port USB 2.0 hub along with convenient connections for headset/speakers and microphone. It connects to the computer through the USB interface and features a 147cm fabric covered cable for maximum durability.
* Uses Cherry MX Black switches
* Switches rated for over 50 million keystrokes
* 2mm keyswitch actuation distance, 4mm full throw distance
* Requires 60 grams actuation force
* Blue LED lighting for the keylock indicators
* Includes 2-port USB 2.0 hub
* Connections for headset and mic
* Cylindrical shaped keytops
* Soft-touch rubberised surface
* Includes attachable wrist rest
* Includes 4 high-visibility orange keytops for replacing the WASD gaming keys
*** 30-day easy returns. No restocking fee. Free lifetime technical support. 1 year warranty. ***
Top Customer Reviews
While this has MX Black switches, it will give you the smoothest key press there is, no popping down at a certain depth, smooth all the way baby. Perfect for gaming and double tapping. Because of the high actuation force, you won't find your self miss-pressing keys.
The keycaps are cylindrical shaped, that are most likely laser etched with a white filler on top, which I'm certain will last for long. The keyboard it self comes, as advertised with 4 orange keycaps to replace your WASD keys, but you can place them anywhere where you feel like. With a handy little tool that's provided, it's a 2 second job.
To fully use the keyboard, you will need 2 USB hubs or 1 USB and 1 PS/2 hub, as the 2 USB slots on the keyboard are powered from connecting a USB cable to your PC. For the keyboard it self, there is a PS/2 cable but don't worry as it comes with a PS/2>USB adapter. Full instructions come with the box.
The only negative point I'll make is the rubberized surface. Yes, it is nice and not frequently seen, but the whole surface becomes a dust magnet and any spillage is clearly seen. Also, because the wrist rest is covered in it as well, after a while, it can get slippy due to sweat from your palm.
Overall, this is exactly what I wanted and will recommend this to any person looking for a new gaming keyboard, mechanical or not.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
if i was going to buy another i would have one with lights its really annoying to see in the dark hahaPublished on 15 July 2014 by Greg Webster
100% satisfied with the product and the service
For the price you cannot go wrong
Strong beautiful looking keyboard