Monkey Light M133s - DISCONTINUED
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 32 Full color, ultra-bright LEDs provide nearly 360 degree visibility
- Cutting edge digital light art with thousands of constantly changing patterns and colors
- Rugged construction designed for daily use in all weather conditions (IP55 rated)
- Instantly customizable colors, patterns and activity to fit your style
- Installs in minutes and lasts up to 30 hours on 3 x AA batteries
Customers also shopped for
A revolutionary bike light that keeps you visible! It features 32 of the brightest full color LEDs available, and cutting edge visual effects custom designed by our electronic artists.
The Monkey Light sets a new standard for bike lighting with outstanding visibility and a rugged, practical design made for daily use in all weather conditions. It's easy to mount on the spokes of nearly any bike - Road, City, Cruiser, Mountain and BMX bikes.
The Monkey Light provides great front, rear and side visibility at any speed. It creates full color patterns on your spinning bike wheel at 10 to 30 mph (15 to 50 km/h). The digital effects are instantly customizable - with on-board buttons you can choose the colors, patterns and mood to fit any situation. The light is perfect for daily commuters, urban cyclists, casual evening riders - anytime you want to be visible after dark or in the rain.
* 1 MonkeyLectric Light
* 1 waterproof battery cover
* 4 rubber mounting pads
* 1 steel anti-theft wire
* 6 plastic mounting straps
* 1 instruction sheet
* 2 bike stickers
* 1 year warranty
* Power: 3 x AA batteries (any type), NIMH rechargeable provide best performance
* Battery life: up to 30 hours
* Fit: most common bicycle wheels 20" or larger (BMX, Mountain, Road, etc. Must have 16 to 40 spokes).
* Riding speed: up to 30 mph (50 km/h). Patterns visible above 8-10mph (12-15km/h).
* Visibility: front and side visibility when mounted on front wheel. rear and side visibility when mounted on rear wheel.
* Mounting: straps to spokes of wheel with vibration-proof 3-point mount (included).
* Rugged IP55 fiber composite construction designed for daily use in all weather conditions
* 32 ultra bright full color LEDs (16 on each side)
Top customer reviews
I read all the other reviews before buying this light and security I guess could be an issue if your so inclined to worry about it but considering mines attached to a quick release wheel it becomes somewhat redundant. I haven't found the weight of the batteries to be an issue with balance but my bike is a Scott mountain bike and not a light weight town bike so that might affect the out come, I don't know. If you've watched the videos that is what you will look like.
All I will say is buy this light, fit it, get out and ride.
They are amazing. So amazingly bright, you cannot miss them. People you pass will love them and cars that would normally cut you off will suddenly drive more sensible around you!
And the latter is what I bought them for! I ride a lot of dark roads and busy inner city roads alike and I finally feel cars really see me now.
There are 2 brightness settings but I never go beyond the first, the normal setting is already really bright and I wouldn't want to blind anyone.
You have to go at a decent pace to get the full wheel effect with just one light per wheel, so uphill it wont show a full pattern, often not even half a wheel, but thats ok. It looks amazing even at a quarter.
When you free spin the wheel you do notice that physics come into play (100 grams spinning at high speed stops your wheel being true) and make the wheel unstable but I havent had any problems noticing or getting unbalanced on the road so far.
After I showed them at work, two colleagues now really want a pair too! The only thing holding them back at the moment is the price. They are pretty expensive, but other products really dont compare to this light show.
The device itself looks very rough, but I kind of like it. If it had a more professional and visible case and name written on it then I would only be more afraid that someone might nick it. There is a menu on the actual device in which you can change way more options then you would expect. The rubber cover that protects against water looks very dodgy but to my surprise has worked so far.
They provide a piece of thin wire as a ''anti theft'' solution which seems a bit useless but luckely work has a private storage where we put our bikes. I would not put my bike anywhere in town and expect the monkey light to be attached to it on the end of the week. In fact I am so paranoid (as its so obviously visible) that I turn it off BEFORE I get to certain locations at night (like shops) in the fear someone would notice me turn if off and decide to check if its easy to steal.
The product itself was sent in a jiffy bag with a Monkeylectric sticker on it! It all fine, seeing that the product is amazing, but it feels they really need some kind of marketing campaign to finish the product beyond the engineering part of it.
I love my Monkeylectric. GET IT. You wont be dissapointed.
batteries last for ages high brightness mode last me a month using them 20mins each night
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category