on 4 September 2015
Bought as a gift for my husband who usually drinks Talisker. He thought it was a really smooth taste and a nice change to his normal tipple. I tried it and thought it was lovely. Mellow and tasty. Recommend it
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 November 2015
My husband likes to try different different malts and has tried many over the years. He bought Monkey's Shoulder on a whim in the Duty Free and drank the full litre in a fortnight (normally I have to find room in the case for unfinished bottles!) because he loved it so much. It is now one of his favourites and his eyes light up whenever it is mentioned.
Whisky is very much a matter of personal taste (we're no good at the note of this or that) so if I say one of my husband's other favourite repeat buys is The Macallan you will get a good idea of his taste.
on 3 July 2012
Literally can't get enough of this. I usually drink single malt Whisky although a blend of 3 single malts really bought my attention, and it's fair to say it has won me over.
on 1 January 2016
I had a great Christmas whisky wise this year. A bottle of Glenmorangie, JW Black Label and a bottle of Monkey Shoulder. Frankly I was quite chuffed to have these three as presents. As I had never had Monkey Shoulder I was keen to try it as the tasting notes on Amazon screamed at me as being right up my street. Sadly I have to report that those notes must have been written for another whiskey. It is not an awful whisky but it is not to my taste at all. It has a kind of weird after taste that is not pleasant which is hard to describe but might be the apricot that is mentioned in the tasting notes. If it was a wine I would describe it as green tasting which people either get when I say that or look at me blankly. I have gone back to it several times and find that with a small amount of water it improves quite a bit and I may try it over ice which is not something I ever really do with whisky normally. All in all do not get caught up with the hype or of the description that does not match the product. If the person who bought me reads this and feels aggrieved please don't be I would have bought it too as it did read well and if it had given what it promised would have been a real winner. I should add I am not a whisky snob and my favourite whisky is Black Label (followed closely by Jamesons) which is at the end of the day just a blended whisky so I am not exactly hard core.

NB, After further samplings of this whisky I now concede I was too harsh in my earlier judgments. I don't know if I had been eating or drinking something that coloured my taste buds on my first tasting but I am now enjoying this drink quite a bit more than previously. I would now give it three and a half stars.
on 19 May 2012
I got this whiskey as a birthday present and it is one of the best I have ever had, granted I haven't had many, but it is really nice. It is one to drink on its own though, no ice or mixers, just savour the flavor
on 2 February 2014
One of the best whiskies I've ever tasted.
It slips down far more easily than should be possible leaving a taste of toasted buttered hot cross buns with its creamy, lightly spiced finish. I will be buying more of this.
on 3 May 2016
This has got to be one of the most delicious tasting whisky I've had in a long time. Beautiful bottle too. This drink is lovely on it's own little sips you have all kinds of different tastes (honey,smoked, spices) this drink is smooth and very surprising would recommended to everyone to try this I'm not a lover for whisky but I'm now a lover for this monkey shoulder 1st time I tried it was 4days ago and I for one will be buying more :)
on 11 December 2015
Normally,I'd avoid anything new in the way of scotch,but bought a couple of bottles of this,at a good price,based on Amazon(and other)reviews.A blend of 3 single malts,and very good it is too.Price wise,it compared very favourably with the price of grain/malt blends,and was a very good buy.Would I purchase again,that's the acid test...and yes,I would.Need I say more?But if anyone wants to buy me a gift,a crate of Lagavulin,please!The older,the better!(hint,hint)
on 12 January 2016
I am not a drinker so I didn't order these couple of bottles for myself, but for my boss and my other colleague.
They went down well (as a present, not as a drink, although I imagine the drink went down well as well)
They were totally delighted, so I guess they've had it before and were happy to get it again.
Sorry, not much help with this one
on 12 January 2012
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this whiskey is and have now bought another bottle already.

It makes an excellent present!