- Hardcover: 440 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press (27 May 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1466564490
- ISBN-13: 978-1466564497
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 3 x 23.1 cm
- See Complete Table of Contents
Global Urban Monitoring and Assessment through Earth Observation (Remote Sensing Applications Series) Hardcover – 27 May 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"… covers a wide themes on global urban remote sensing, e.g. the needs and requirements of global urban observation and assessment, international efforts in mapping global urban footprint, progresses in developing global morphological database and urban climate modeling, case studies of urban analyses as well as innovative concepts and techniques in urban remote sensing. The book also provides some new insights into the gaps, needs, and trends in urban remote sensing at the global level. … an excellent reference book for students, researchers, and professors in the remote sensing, urban studies and relevant fields, and for professionals and decision-makers in the government, industry, and commercial sectors. It will also be suitable as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in remote sensing, urban, environment and global change."
―Peijun Li, School of Earth and Space Sciences, Peking University, China
"… an excellent resource for global urban monitoring and provides up-to-date developments in the field of urban remote sensing. It also advances integrated urban sensing by incorporating ‘big data’."
―Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing Journal, September 2015
"Global Urban Monitoring and Assessment through Earth Observation gives a good overview of urban remote sensing in a global context. The book can be recommended to advanced and specialized master students as well as researcher, who focus on urban remote sensing and wish to embed their own work in a global setting. Academic libraries that do not already have the full suite of edited books on urban remote sensing may also consider adding this book to their corpus."
International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, January 2016
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Weather
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography