Customer reviews

on 24 August 2017
Good book on Monet!
I received this book from Amazon today, and as I write this I'm curled up reading it (well, maybe not quite 'curled up' cos it's a very heavy volume to balance on my knees!!). Seriously, though, I thought I had read almost all that had been published in English and French on my favourite Impressionist painter, and I've visited Giverny several times over the years. But I'm still gaining fresh insights from this very authoritative text, and the illustrations are a true delight. It's a truly beautiful book at an amazing price. Highly recommended!!
on 23 September 2011
This is a comprehensive overview of Monet's work and I cant argue with the review saying it's definitive, for such a large book it's also great value - as Taschen publications usually are. It has hundreds of prints from the full extents of a very long career and a lot a biographical text to back them up.
I dont know why I've taken so long to buy a book about this absolute master of light but I'm very glad I started with this one and would recommend it to anyone with an interest in his work.
on 26 August 2015
This book is BRILLIANT and Wordery provided a superb service at a reasonable price. I pondered over whether to buy this version or the updated version, delighted I picked this one as I subsequently saw the later version in a bookshop. The later version is smaller and fatter, to get all the same content with smaller print size on to smaller pages for me spoils the book. This version is excellent and I would strongly recommend it.
on 22 October 2012
Probably the most exceptional book I have ever bought.

I have other books on Monet, but this contains an easily accessible narrative of the painters life, together with many of his paintings set out in chronological order. I particularly like the use of historical photographs with which to identify and compare Monet's final paintings.

Cons - its a heavy book, too heavy to hold and read, but still delightful.

Excellent price and delivery through Amazon.
on 14 November 2015
A wonderful and very comprehensive book on Monets live and work with excellent and large reproductions. For everyone interested in impressionism this book will be a well of information and joy.
Unbeatable value for prize, and highly recommended even if the proze were considerably higher.
on 21 April 2015
I already have several books on Monet, but this has pictures I haven't seen before. This is a real treat for any fan of Monet, and it is also very
readable.
on 22 September 2014
Great book. Good price, packaging and delivery
on 25 January 2017
Bought as a present for my son, Great pictures!
Very Good book, really enjoying