Monarchy and Exile: The Politics of Legitimacy from Marie de Medicis to Wilhelm II Hardcover – 1 Nov 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The first book to discuss monarchical exile as a socio-political force and cultural diaspora that transformed society and influenced the course of European history
About the Author
PHILIP MANSEL is Fellow of the Institute of Historical Research in London, UK, and the Royal Historical Society and is editor of The Court Historian, the journal of the Society for Court Studies. He has authored nine books on French history, including biographies of Louis XVIII and the Prince de Ligne, and a history of Paris between Empires 1814-1852.
TORSTEN RIOTTE is Lecturer in History at the Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany. Educated at Cologne and Cambridge, he worked at the German Historical Institute London, and is co-editor of The Hanoverian Dimension in British history, and The Diplomats' World: A Cultural History of Diplomacy.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Europe > France > French Revolution
- Books > History > Europe > Russia > Russian Revolution
- Books > History > Military History
- Books > History > Political History > Revolutions & Coups
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism