on 31 May 2017
A sleek but sturdy sketchbook with smooth silky pages. Hold water colours well but the pages will buckle slightly, however it's not too bad. And a side note, the pages vaguely smell like toasted almonds and white chocolate
on 28 January 2016
Great! Was looking for an A5-ish sketchbook I could easily carry around with me that kept all my sketches together. I can turn the pages easily without pages falling out and it opens flat. Nice thick pages with quite a bit of texture, probably a bit more yellow than I would have liked but it's just for practise and therefore more than suitable. Page holds up well to erasing too. A bit pricier than traditional sketchbooks but was happy to pay extra for the convenience factor.
on 25 May 2017
Great for sketching, beautiful thick paper, not good for marker work or heavy inks though as it leaks and bloches when it's exorbed (I used copics). Would recommend as a sketchbook though.
on 12 July 2017
Very very nice little notebook. Worth every penny.
on 25 June 2017
Perfect
on 24 November 2013
Just simply the best sketchbook you can money buy. Moleskine quite simple produce the finest quality books on the market.
on 26 January 2010
A quality sketchbook (as might be expected from Moleskine); the paper is a very smooth, creamy coloured and quite stiff, and the book opens flat fairly easily so you could draw across the two-page spread quite easily. Personally I rather like the colour of the paper (and knew what I was getting as I have bought these before) - but am torn between rating it as a 4 or 5 as I do wonder if slightly whiter paper may have a wider appeal. (The paper in the sketchbook is certainly more yellowy than in their watercolour notebooks) In contrast to a previous reviewer, I actually find that HB pencils (and softer) show up perfectly well though.
review image
VINE VOICEon 8 March 2006
This large sketchbook is the perfect size for me, each page is just a little bigger than my hand when relaxed. The paper is a nice weight and the surface is silky smooth.
Inside the back cover is a pocket to keep various bits and pieces of paper in and because it opens inwards and seems to have strong joints to the book it seems like a great addition.
The best bit of the book is that because of the spine design you can open the book right out and litterally have any two page spread flat accross each other. This means you don't have to have a regular sketchbook and not be able to sketch accross pages without seriously destroying the spine, and you don't have to delve into the ring-bound sketchbooks.
The hard cover seems pretty hard wearing and a good choice of material to protect all of those sketches buried deep inside.
Plus, the value for money from Amazon when i bought it is superb!!
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2015
Great product as always i always use moleskins never had any issues still my favorites
on 11 March 2017
Really good quality book - I've never had a Moleskin before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But now that I've used it for some pencil and pen sketches, I can tell why it's one of the best sketchbooks money can buy! It's really handy for sketching on the go too because of its size.
I look forward to filling the book and and would recommend it to anybody!