Customer reviews

Mog's Family of Cats board book
Format: Board book|Change

on 2 December 2013
I bought Mog's Family of Cats for my granddaughter when she was about 12 months old as she absolutely loved the first Mog board book.
My first thought was "what a boring book" but apparently it isn't boring if you're under 2!

The charming illustrations of different British short haired cats, all with their own personalities and environments with very little distracting detail in the background is perfect for under 18 months as it is easy for them to follow the story and understand the pictures.

The illustrations which show Mog as having different coloured parents, siblings and extended family members is great for normalising families like ours where there are lots of different colourings and members are not peas from the same pod.

I quickly learned to identify the cats by name so that in the final pages where all the cats introduced throughout the book are on the same pages, I could name each cat. The GD was enthralled with this naming and also in exploring the simple backgrounds to the main illustrations. As the reader or narrator you do have to make an effort to "sell" this story, but the effort is well worth it as this book became the GD's favourite for at least a year.

Suitable for very young children. Don't buy this for rising twos as they should be progressing on beyond this point, but if you've bought it for a child up to 18 months they will enjoy it until they are over 2 1/2.
on 28 June 2015
Lovely small book with lots of detail in the images
on 18 January 2014
Perfect for my 2 year old niece. She loves it. Beautifully illustrated. I wanted to buy The Tiger Who Came to Tea and got this book also by Judith Kerr as an addition. Pleased I did.
on 3 October 2013
A charming boardbooik to introduce tinies to Mog and prepare them for the more difficult stories about Mog and her adventures. Mog is now a true classic.
on 1 June 2014
When we get to the end, my son can point out all the cats in the group picture and say who they are. Plenty to point out and discuss, but not much of a story. For younger toddlers.
on 1 August 2016
My 3 year old loves Mog. Judith Kerr has a gift for writing children's books and knows how to aid learning and development through reading. Always a winner.
on 13 January 2016
Good quality item, I bought it for my 3 year old son who can be a bit destructive with books but this withstands his messing. Lovely illustrations.
on 28 January 2013
I sent this book to my granddaughter in the USA.At 15 months she is interested in all sorts of books and cats so we think she will enjoy this one.
on 10 June 2014
It's not his favourite book but he does enjoy it and I will be buying another couple in the series as they are lovely stories.
on 14 January 2017
Two year old loves it. Great at this age where they have grown out of chewing on books and tearing flaps out etc. Fab book.